$20.00
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't care because it has reached such heights that its such a good deal!

The big-ass dragon unlock is imminent, we have several sets of cards, tons of miniatures, a deluxe OtherWorld, 10 new character classes, Allies and so on.

So, yeah, there is more on the horizon, but honestly I dont care to see it in this KS. Later as retail would be fine.

I'd rather that FFP design solid rules/playability/variety/balance for these KS items and make each of these items not only look great, but PLAY great, to make the game challenging and fun.

I find the CoreSet alone kind of dull - that's a common complaint you can level against many games, not just SoB, so I don't think that's fatal.

The added on Enemies in the expansions go a long ways towards improving the system with increased AI variety, abilities and general challenge. The new OtherWorlds, Cynder and Trederra actually have rules to make them distinct and tactically interesting.

So, FFP, please keep up that trend and focus on the gameplay and not worry about delivering shit-loads of eye candy, that is just going to grow boring.

(Edit to correct grammar)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't get me wrong -- if anything else unlocks (and more stuff is sure to), I won't kick it out. I love all the stuff we're getting. And I'll mourn anything we don't reach (I'd agree that, barring any surprises, the Feudal Village is looking unlikely), and be sure to get anything else they make outside the scope of the KS.

But if it were to end RIGHT now, I'd feel really good about the value for my Shogun dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agreed. Would I love the village expansion for free? Absolutely.

But if it ended right now, I'd be happy.
I'll be ecstatic when we unlock the dragon.

Anything after that is just amazing gravy on the delicious meat were already getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am satisfied with my Shogun pledge when Dragon unlocks. It would have been great if we could have gotten Feudal Village, but I don't see we're able to get enough backers to make it that far. Hoping Feudal Village is made into a BackerKit expansion at discount to get with KS items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't afford a Shogun right now. Not knowing much about the replayability of this game... is the Sumo level a good deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I dun goofed.
badge
I dun goofed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
I can't afford a Shogun right now. Not knowing much about the replayability of this game... is the Sumo level a good deal?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:

For Sumo, it's exceptionally good deal when Dragon is added to it. Dragon's MSRP was mentioned to be $45! Jorogumo's MSRP is $30. And there are a few smaller monster packs unlocked for increased variety. I would say it's a good pledge level to try out the game. (I opted for Shogun because I like Japanese theme a lot and don't have any Brimstone in my collection yet. Western theme didn't interest me as much so I didn't Kickstart the first campaign.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batanen wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:

For Sumo, it's exceptionally good deal when Dragon is added to it. Dragon's MSRP was mentioned to be $45! Jorogumo's MSRP is $30. And there are a few smaller monster packs unlocked for increased variety. I would say it's a good pledge level to try out the game. (I opted for Shogun because I like Japanese theme a lot and don't have any Brimstone in my collection yet. Western theme didn't interest me as much so I didn't Kickstart the first campaign.)

Thanks! I'm in with a Sumo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sumo is a fantastic deal. I just know I want it all, which is why I'm in for Shogun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Note that Exclusives are not included in ANY math below)
Base game - Retail $100 - Discount Retail $70
Expansion 1 - Retail $80 - Discount Retail $50-60
Sumo - No Retail - Ebay $50-150
Daimyo - No Retail - Ebay $75-150
Trederran Veteran - No Retail - Ebay $50-150
Alt Genders (x10) - Retail (8x) $8 ($64) - No Discount Retail
Decks (5x current) - Retail (4x) $10 ($50) - No Discount Retail
Flesh Mites - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Thunder Warriors - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Akaname - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Onmorake and Scourge Dead - Retail $40 - Discount Retail $30-35
Takobake - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Jorogumo - Retail $30 - Discount Retail $20-25
Fuedal Japan Allies to 1000k - Retail $40 - Discount Retail $30-35
Red Ronin - Retail $15 - Discount Retail $10
FB Ninjas - Retail $40 - Discount Retail $30-35
FB Cynder Fiends - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
FB Bone Eaters - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Undead Daimyo - Retail $15 - Discount Retail - $10
Forest of the Dead - Retail $80 - Discount Retail - $50-60
Temple Dogs - Retail $20 - Discount Retail - $15
Kosumo Summoners and Fallen Sorcerers - Retail $40 - Discount Retail - $30-35
Acid Blobs - Retail $15 - Discount Retail - $10
Gastral Tyrant - Retail $35 - Discount Retail - $25-30
Tengu Blind Master - Retail $18 - Discount Retail - $10

(Note that Exclusives are not included in ANY math below)
Total for Current (Undead Daimyo) Sumo Value - Retail $312 (Without Exclusives) - Discount Retail - $175 (Minus Exclusives, Cards and Alt genders)
Cards and Alt Genders add +$82 ($257 at Discount retail)

Note that Infrequently FFP will offer a 3 for $20 card sale - However this is still not Discount Retail as it is only FFP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Or
United Kingdom
Stirling
Stirling
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was back and forth about this whole campaign. I had EB pledge and then withdrew. I have to be honest, I don't like the way the campaign was ran, especially with very poor communication and slow reaction from FFP after it stalled for over 2 weeks.
Having said that, I have now backed Sumo pledge because I like the sound of the game, I back primarily for the theme though. If we reach 1.3mln I will likely increase my pledge to get the village expansion, otherwise core box will do me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodrigo mendonca
Brazil
flag msg tools
"I don't like the way the campaign was ran"
Few do, the odd thing is that when you hear the Hill brothers talking about the game you can see their passion. Nobody knows why the hell they didn't put any video on it..
People say that they are gamers first and company owners second.
"I like the sound of the game"
Tell you what. If you like it, you will kick yourself in the head for not going all in. Their KS exclusive for their first KS goes for 150 dollars on ebay, when its there.
Now they have a pledge that have all of their first KS and second one. Very expensive. Very worth it, if you have the money.
Watch the inside the box review. On youtube there is also a series of solo gameplay with the character "Joseph Scotts" it is on episode 93. That is how much replay value this has.
See this stuff and see if the game is for you. Trust me, if it is, you you regret not backing it due to the creator's incompetence on running and promoting a KS campaign. Their competence in creating a game is another matter. They are great in this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I dun goofed.
badge
I dun goofed.
mbmbmbmbmb
shin0509 wrote:
I have to be honest, I don't like the way the campaign was ran, especially with very poor communication and slow reaction from FFP after it stalled for over 2 weeks.

FFP's communication outright stinks. It was bad for the first KS and its been bad for this KS as well. If you do pledge, just know that communication will be poor and don't expect anything more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bornari wrote:

Hoo, if only I had a dollar for every time I thought that and got burned with a game whose play did not match the promise.

I'd caution you to not pledge a kickstarter based on how it sounds. The rulebook is up. Take a quick scan before the campaign ends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Bornari wrote:

Hoo, if only I had a dollar for every time I thought that and got burned with a game whose play did not match the promise.

I'd caution you to not pledge a kickstarter based on how it sounds. The rulebook is up. Take a quick scan before the campaign ends!

Better yet there is a whole series of game play on YouTube. I believe you can find it by typing outlaw joseph Scott.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
shin0509 wrote:
... I have now backed Sumo pledge because I like the sound of the game, I back primarily for the theme though. If we reach 1.3mln I will likely increase my pledge to get the village expansion, otherwise core box will do me.

And if you don't like the game, you should be able to sell it - maybe even at a profit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.