4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Folding vertical storage bags with pockets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
culix _
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever seen or made folding vertical storage bags or containers? I'm looking to buy or make something like this:

(Except perhaps with something classier than the cheap shiny plastic)

I want something that has pockets for holding all of the game components (decks of cards and tokens), but can fold up and be carried around easily. Something that can fit inside a backpack or laptop case but remain organized.

I've been browsing through sewing storage kits and makeup kits but haven't found a lot of products like this. It seems there is a lot of folding clothes storage, but I'd like something with pockets to hold decks of cards and bags of tokens.

Has anyone done storage like this, know of anything I could buy, or someone who could make a folding case with pockets?

Thanks for your time!

(In case it helps the game I'm looking to store is Thornwatch. It will have something like:

• 10x decks of 30 cards
• 2x decks of ~20 cards
• 1 deck of 60 cards
• 2 bags of tokens
• ~40 sheets of flat paper and/or game board (not sure what the final game will look like yet; currently I'm using a print-and-play)

So ideally having a flat space to store an 8.5x11" paper would be fantastic. But I'd settle for having a bag for all of the cards and components, and using something else for the boards.
)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GameFolio?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Spielmaterial sells something similar to your example picture specifically for storing games:

https://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-bag.html

still all super-classy plastic, though!

If I were considering making such a storage solution myself I'd quite possibly follow that approach, just make the folding parts out of some decent fabric and the frame that held the components in place out of wood. Then I'd be sure to make it C4 or B4 sized so I could keep A4 paper/manuals in there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
culix _
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

Oho! Those Gamefolio bags look *amazing*! :-O Yes I will definitely have to check those out.

I'm actually surprised there are not more products in this space. I've seen BattleFoam, but it's cool if there is something to haul games that do not contain a lot of miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.