Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or am I hearing about a lot of other escape room games coming out this year between backing this one and waiting for it to be released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
Is it just me, or am I hearing about a lot of other escape room games coming out this year between backing this one and waiting for it to be released?

Yeah probably. Escape rooms are huge right now. Everyone is going to cash in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've seen a few come out and for only around $20. The quality of them doesn't seem quite as high though, but definitely much cheaper. Too bad this kickstarter couldn't finish before this Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/36900/escape-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were obviously some in the works at the same time. They've been growing in popularity for some time. I just played through the Escape Room: The Game scenario 1. It wasn't bad and the key mechanism is interesting, but the components left a little to be desired (especially in being able to see/share them). From what I've read in reviews, the "Escape the Room" games are somewhat simplistic and linear so you can't have multiple people trying to solve things at the same time. I don't have any experience w/ the Kosmos line and won't until there's an English version.

One thing the Werewolf escape seems to have going for it is that the designers have really tried to model it after actual escape rooms. I seem to remember reviewers saying that they were able to solve it as a group and could work on different aspects at the same time. I'd be interested in seeing some of those reviewers do a compare/contrast at a high level with the currently available offerings.

My experience w/ the one I just played was that it was fun, but I'd really have liked some more/shareable components. We were dealing with pics to emulate the room and some were quite small or hard for everyone to see. That meant passing things around or bumping heads regularly. I understand the later ones are a little different so look forward to trying those. I also appreciate that it can be reset so others can play it, even if I can't play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.