Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the ability of the Blood Shield active if you already have wounds (as a passive ability) or only triggered when you suffer a wound?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nyogtha wrote:
Is the ability of the Blood Shield active if you already have wounds (as a passive ability) or only triggered when you suffer a wound?

Can you provide the wording on the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Gain a result of your choice during rolls if you are wounded"

At first I assumed it was if you took a wound during combat, but now I am wondering if this is in effect for as long as you have one or more wounds on your hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nyogtha wrote:

At first I assumed it was if you took a wound during combat, but now I am wondering if this is effect for as long as you have one or more wounds on your hero.

If the hero is wounded, you get the benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nyogtha wrote:

At first I assumed it was if you took a wound during combat, but now I am wondering if this is in effect for as long as you have one or more wounds on your hero.

It is worded terribly, but that is about par for the course with this game...

Anyway, since your Hero won't take wounds from a Fight until the moment that all of the dice are resolved for both players, I am going to conclude that this effect works while your hero is wounded, as opposed to triggered by being wounded.

(It wouldn't make much since to give the Hero a die result of their choice if the dice are already resolved!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nyogtha wrote:

There may be some wordy parts in this game, but this is definitely not one of them. The ability is pretty straight forward.

The first part, "Gain a result of your choice during rolls," very clear. The second part, "if you are wounded," again very clear. So check if you character is wounded... If yes, then gain a result; if no, then do nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nyogtha wrote:

There may be some wordy parts in this game, but this is definitely not one of them. The ability is pretty straight forward.

The first part, "Gain a result of your choice during rolls," very clear. The second part, "if you are wounded," again very clear. So check if you character is wounded... If yes, then gain a result; if no, then do nothing.

I agree that the Second Part of the Sentence is quite clear. For me it's the first part that needs clarification:
What does "gain a result" exactly mean? That you can turn one die to the side You chose, and if so, before or after rolling?
Or that you can add any result to your roll additionally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
webs1 wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nyogtha wrote:

I agree that the Second Part of the Sentence is quite clear. For me it's the first part that needs clarification:
What does "gain a result" exactly mean? That you can turn one die to the side You chose, and if so, before or after rolling?
Or that you can add any result to your roll additionally?

The second: You can add an additional result (hit, defence or anti-corruption) of your choosing.

That's the only reading that lets you 'gain' a result rather than 'change' the result of a die roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose to get faith symbol from the dice ? Or it can only be damage, anti corruption of defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Can you choose to get faith symbol from the dice ? Or it can only be damage, anti corruption of defense?

I'd assume not as that's effectively getting you 2 or more additional symbols (the faith, which resolves to a hit/def/anti-C, and the results of the die explosion, which could itself explode).

It would also make it non-sensical to ever pick anything other than the FAITH symbol. If that was the intention it should have been written that you get an extra FAITH symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nyogtha wrote:

If someone has a question about the card's text, then I would argue that the wording is not "clear". And just because someone believes they understand it doesn't even mean they really do.

If CMoN wanted to make the wording universally clear, they could've easily rephrased it to something like:

"While wounded, gain a result of your choice during rolls."

Not only is that more clear, but also shorter text...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
AkitaInu wrote:

I'd assume not as that's effectively getting you 2 or more additional symbols (the faith, which resolves to a hit/def/anti-C, and the results of the die explosion, which could itself explode).

It would also make it non-sensical to ever pick anything other than the FAITH symbol. If that was the intention it should have been written that you get an extra FAITH symbol.

Dave, I agree 100%

First, it would be gain extra faith, not die side of your choice.

Second, you change faith to die side of your choice so theoretically, faith symbol is not a die side You switch the faith result to any other side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.