Subject: Help on starting a full module Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jochen Eisenhuth
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Dear Myth players,

I played Myth quite a bit in Version 1.0 - 1.5 (mostly freefrom stuff) but shelved it while waiting for the 2.0 Stuff and Modules/Expansions.

As Shores and Blackwall arrived today I want to go back in, but this time I got a group that preferes to have a well structured campaign so we'd like to have as many Modules as possible.

Obviously we cannot delve right into Blackwall Warrens etc. so my Question is, if there is a particular Starter Module (I've heard of some PnP Modules they put out) and maybe some more Modules that will bring us to a Level where we can take on these underground reptiles .

Any recommendations where to start? Are the PnP Modules good? Or do we have to do some freeform grinding before we can make a go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Chordcommander wrote:
Dear Myth players,

I played Myth quite a bit in Version 1.0 - 1.5 (mostly freefrom stuff) but shelved it while waiting for the 2.0 Stuff and Modules/Expansions.

As Shores and Blackwall arrived today I want to go back in, but this time I got a group that preferes to have a well structured campaign so we'd like to have as many Modules as possible.

Obviously we cannot delve right into Blackwall Warrens etc. so my Question is, if there is a particular Starter Module (I've heard of some PnP Modules they put out) and maybe some more Modules that will bring us to a Level where we can take on these underground reptiles .

Any recommendations where to start? Are the PnP Modules good? Or do we have to do some freeform grinding before we can make a go?

Megacon should bring an update this quarter that gives us structured-module-like-missions for the base game missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
msg tools
Banemus wrote:
Chordcommander wrote:
Dear Myth players,

Megacon should bring an update this quarter that gives us structured-module-like-missions for the base game missions.

Actually, Bryan said recently that they've decided to only do one story mission in the upcoming patch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:
Chordcommander wrote:
Dear Myth players,

I believe they are only doing one of the five base game missions for tge year end patch. transferring them to the module format seems to be time consuming so I wouldn't expect all 5 to ever get made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could do the fury of the fireborn though it's 1.0
and then rise of the revenant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
WANTED: Looking for someone to make me a papillon microbadge. (Its a dog.)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try out Myth Module: No Rest for the Weary (Unofficial). Its the first mission, but made into a module. Its unofficial, but
Chris Berry
United Kingdom
Whaley Bridge
High Peak
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did an amazing job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
The No Rest for the Weary Campaign by Phorin in the file section is quite good. I have completed it and would recommend it. But as was said, I believe they are releasing an official No Rest module in an upcoming patch.

Fury of the Fireborne can also be done with a fresh group but I would recommend the above campaign instead.

Play the Rise of the Revenant as your 2nd module.

After that, you will have 4 adv cards and 2 titles and be ready for the Journeyman campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
The No Rest for the Weary Campaign by Phorin in the file section is quite good. I have completed it and would recommend it. But as was said, I believe they are releasing an official No Rest module in an upcoming patch.

Fury of the Fireborne can also be done with a fresh group but I would recommend the above campaign instead.

After that, you will have 4 adv cards and 2 titles and be ready for the Journeyman campaigns.
Other than a few keywords and text format, there are no significant differences between Myth 1 and Myth 2 --Fury of the Fireborne will work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Squatting Monkey wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:

Other than a few keywords and text format, there are no significant differences between Myth 1 and Myth 2 --Fury of the Fireborne will work well.

I never said it wouldn't work well. I just dont think it is as good of a module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Eisenhuth
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your replies - printer is running .

I'll go for No Rest for the Weary and Rise of the Revenant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Rise of the Revenant will be fairly challenging but it is definitely beatable at that level (I did it last week).

Just make sure Cyrddin is not next to the boss or else things can go downhill real quick...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Eisenhuth
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, maybe it's a good idea then to get a third player, too (as far as I remember 2 player games were rather hard, especially with the wrong heroes...)
On the other hand: we like our coops challenging, so lets see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Hmm, Rise of the Revenant has quite a lot of things that happen in the refresh phase. Because you can do less inbetween refresh phases, 2p might be particularly tough. But then again, the very first tile in Act 1 is one of the toughest in the whole module, so if you can beat that, you can beat the module.

I have a campaign with a friend and we each have 2 heroes and it works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
js379 wrote:
Banemus wrote:
Chordcommander wrote:
Dear Myth players,

Actually, Bryan said recently that they've decided to only do one story mission in the upcoming patch.

Pfff seriously?

Ok, now I'm actually considering of selling everything. The only reason i kept the game was the potential chance of modulerisation of the old missions ... But this is getting annoying.

Pfff i have so much stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
The No Rest for the Weary Campaign by Phorin in the file section is quite good. I have completed it and would recommend it.

I'd agree 100% with this recommendation; I have done something similar.

Deadwolf wrote:
But as was said, I believe they are releasing an official No Rest module in an upcoming patch.

In one of their news videos, Brian mentioned that the upcoming patch Module was going to be a rework of "The Stone of Life" from the 1.0 book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
I believe they are only doing one of the five base game missions for tge year end patch. transferring them to the module format seems to be time consuming so I wouldn't expect all 5 to ever get made.

This is SUCH a shame. The game has all sort of weird gaps at the moment because of strange choices made by Megacon. If you bought the 2.0 game you'd have none of the story quests from the 1.0 rules or the first Kickstarter, so no way to use your Crawler, Grubber or Shambler bosses outside questing - where the rules for encountering bosses are incoherent and poorly-structured at best.

The game *needs* those level 1 modules. Without them there's no IMO satisfying way to get to the JM modules. It feels like the Megacon guys are bored with the early game and have forgotten that unless you've been with this game since day 1, the early game is a gaping hole right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boots01 wrote:
Amyrin wrote:

This is SUCH a shame. The game has all sort of weird gaps at the moment because of strange choices made by Megacon. If you bought the 2.0 game you'd have none of the story quests from the 1.0 rules or the first Kickstarter, so no way to use your Crawler, Grubber or Shambler bosses outside questing - where the rules for encountering bosses are incoherent and poorly-structured at best.

The game *needs* those level 1 modules. Without them there's no IMO satisfying way to get to the JM modules. It feels like the Megacon guys are bored with the early game and have forgotten that unless you've been with this game since day 1, the early game is a gaping hole right now.

+1 to all of this.

Love the game, but I want to start from the beginning again, and I don't want to do that until we have those Level 1 Modules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.