$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The Great Zimbabwe» Forums » Rules

Subject: transport serious issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Solved, i have awarded golds, its too late now, please lock ,,,,delete and ban this post[/size]

[size=24]THIS IS SERIOUS ISSUE DONT TROLL PLEASE


Can you jump from water to water diagonally? it doesnt make thematic sense but the rules 100% seem to allow that, i've re-read them thousands of times, yet some clueless people comment in rahdos videos that you cant.

im extremely conflicted, the rules seem to 100 allow this please help?



IM NOT SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD COUNT THEM AS ONE SPACE, IM SAYING CAN YOUR BOAT JUMP DIAGONALLY FROM ONE POUND TO ANOTHER (while wasting a movement)

Culpirt:
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/29343/great-zimbabwe/rahdo-r...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the thematic sense in it - a square represents a lake - if there are two squares touching as in your diagram, you can imagine a small stream or river connecting them, making transport between the two possible without getting out of your boat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whattheproblemis wrote:
I can see the thematic sense in it - a square represents a lake - if there are two squares touching as in your diagram, you can imagine a small stream or river connecting them, making transport between the two possible without getting out of your boat.


they are diagonally adjacent
-
im pretty sure they DONOT count as one space
-
but that is not my question i dont think i understanded
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this answer your question?

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/12319619#12319619

pickboy87 wrote:
No, diagonal is not considered adjacent for the purposes of being one body of water. They are 2 separate bodies of water.

Edit -- Page 2 of the rules:

The blue areas on the map are water areas. All water that is
horizontally or vertically adjacent forms one large water area. Water
areas that are only diagonally adjacent do not form one water area.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dsdjpofjs wrote:
whattheproblemis wrote:
I can see the thematic sense in it - a square represents a lake - if there are two squares touching as in your diagram, you can imagine a small stream or river connecting them, making transport between the two possible without getting out of your boat.


they are diagonally adjacent
-
im pretty sure they DONOT count as one space
-
but that is not my question i dont think i understanded


I believe the rule is they count as two separate spaces, but I guess what I was trying to say, is I can see the other point of view of people who think it should be one space for thematic reasons.
 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr wrote:


i think yes, but can you jump if you wasted one of your three movements?

i'm thanking you for your help very much.

----

there are crazy people that dont allow jumping for sake of misunderstanding rules
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sphere wrote:
Dsdjpofjs wrote:
Can you jump from water to water diagonally? it doesnt make thematic sense but the rules 100% seem to allow that, i've re-read them thousands of times, yet some clueless people comment in rahdos videos that you cant.

Here's what my rules say:

rules wrote:
Game Concepts

Water. The blue areas on the map are water areas. All water that is horizontally or vertically adjacent forms one large water area. Water areas that are only diagonally adjacent do not form one water area.

Count me amongst the clueless. :D


if you are clueless then you have confused me for 4 years
but i forgive you

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. You can jump from water to water. It is just one additional space, no matter how big the water area is. I do not have a quote but I have read it somewhere in the forums. It is not stated in the rules that it isn't allowed. So it's okay
1 
 Thumb up
0.97
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Kenny Dorham || Trompeta Toccata || Whistle Stop || Una Mas
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dsdjpofjs wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Dsdjpofjs wrote:
Can you jump from water to water diagonally? it doesnt make thematic sense but the rules 100% seem to allow that, i've re-read them thousands of times, yet some clueless people comment in rahdos videos that you cant.

Here's what my rules say:

rules wrote:
Game Concepts

Water. The blue areas on the map are water areas. All water that is horizontally or vertically adjacent forms one large water area. Water areas that are only diagonally adjacent do not form one water area.

Count me amongst the clueless.


if you are clueless then you have confused me for 4 years
but i forgive you


Thanks! I got sidetracked while posting, and by the time I finished I saw somebody else had already quoted the rule so I figured mine was redundant and zapped it.
 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rePhil wrote:
Sure. You can jump from water to water. It is just one additional space, no matter how big the water area is. I do not have a quote but I have read it somewhere in the forums. It is not stated in the rules that it isn't allowed. So it's okay :)


i can go to sleep now

thank you all
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.