Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which level do the heroes start when you solo play with uncharted dungeons?

Which number is the adventure number (used when drawing the 1st invisible overlord card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
And let me add how do traps work in the solo uncharted game? If you add trap tiles like the rules instruct, the heroes will simply not step on them. Therefore the trap rules are pretty useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chia Mac
msg tools
Created heroes--including solo play--start at Level 0. You need to gain Glory before you Level up.

Adventure number--I assume you mean the Commands per turn for the overlord. Page 76 of the AC indicates Commands number. Add up the total levels of your heroes. 0-8 means Overlord Commands=2. 9-16 = 3 Commands. 17+ = 4 Commands. In Solo Play, this means for the 1st IO card in every Overlord Turn, you play this number of Commands. Then you pull the second IO card and do whatever it says on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nevin wrote:
And let me add how do traps work in the solo uncharted game? If you add trap tiles like the rules instruct, the heroes will simply not step on them. Therefore the trap rules are pretty useless.

Yeap. Seems that way. Trying to fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thx. I have an extra question concerning the energy chrystal power. Can you use it to both recharge and play a spell of a level higher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about the traps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
OK, thx. I have an extra question concerning the energy chrystal power. Can you use it to both recharge and play a spell of a level higher?

Certainly not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chia Mac
msg tools
Re: Traps. My understanding is play as written.

Map Traps usually just become obstacles you have to walk around. Some monsters might be able to Slam you into a trap. You could treat map traps like furniture, so you can't squeeze between a map trap and a model/furniture that are diagonally adjacent to each other. But I agree, the map trap rules are not engaging.

Lock Traps trigger when they are picked (or door is smashed/ward broken)--apply the effect to the triggering character. If there's a persistent trap effect, place it in the same square as the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:

If you want questions answered officially (but not immediately) put them in the Official FAQ question collection thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1661646/official-faq-and-er...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thx again! Problem is I'm playing the game right now, Brad. That's why I'd like a quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
OK, thx again! Problem is I'm playing the game right now, Brad. That's why I'd like a quick answer.

My quick answer would be not to combine Uncharted and Solo as they are the worst parts of the DS experience.

I have some discussion of them here:
http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2015/11/dungeon-saga-adventu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:

You could always houserule traps. In a room that has a trap, simply roll a die every time you enter a square that hasn't been entered before and pick a probability that there will be a trap there (i.e. on a roll of 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chia Mac
msg tools
For now, I like a house rule like this. I would adjust it somewhat, as it could be time-consuming to mark/remember every square that has/n't been entered. Also, 16% chance in every square is gonna lead to a lot of traps on the board.

I would suggest, rather than every square, that when a Hero ends their move (regardless of whether the square had already been traversed), roll a dice. On a roll of 1, there's a trap. There is a maximum of 3 traps in the room, same as the Map Traps rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
ChiaMac wrote:
For now, I like a house rule like this. I would adjust it somewhat, as it could be time-consuming to mark/remember every square that has/n't been entered. Also, 16% chance in every square is gonna lead to a lot of traps on the board.

I would suggest, rather than every square, that when a Hero ends their move (regardless of whether the square had already been traversed), roll a dice. On a roll of 1, there's a trap. There is a maximum of 3 traps in the room, same as the Map Traps rule.

That's a great house rule! Simple yet effective. Mantic needs to make this official in their second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nevin wrote:
ChiaMac wrote:

That's a great house rule! Simple yet effective. Mantic needs to make this official in their second edition.

I already have something similar in mind but a little more interesting for the next DS release but instead of encouraging you to race across the tile to minimize the rolls, it encourages taking time to carefully cross the tile which fits the timed structure of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh No, I have said too much, now I have to kill you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.