Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
86 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Making dividers and playmats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
metony mous
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Nice design!
I think deck building in every campaign will start with only 0-level cards (?), so version 1 would be more convenient (especially when amount of cards increases).
But there should also be a upgrade divider for each class, maybe just a single "level 1-5" divider for each of the classes will be sufficient?
So, maybe version 1 + an upgrade divider for each class?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parrish
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer V1. Honestly I would not even use it if it was v2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
metonymo wrote:
Nice design!
I think deck building in every campaign will start with only 0-level cards (?), so version 1 would be more convenient (especially when amount of cards increases).
But there should also be a upgrade divider for each class, maybe just a single "level 1-5" divider for each of the classes will be sufficient?
So, maybe version 1 + an upgrade divider for each class?


I personally think, long term, v2 will be better, but until we have a lot more cards, I think Meto has it right on how we should go. If not a single "Level 1-5" then a Level 0 Assets, Level 1+ Assets, Level 0 Skills, Level 1+ Skills, etc. Would be good for Neutral as well.

Also, I don't think Investigator-Specific needs to exist (but obviously not a lot of work to make them). I also would just put those cards with the Investigator.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Tegg
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I definitely think separate level 0 from 1+.

Now, we've only had four scenarios released, and there are already 20ish encounter sets... Maybe when it comes to dividers less is more? Within a year or two we could end up needing hundreds of encounter set dividers alone!

Although I guess no matter how you divide the player cards, the number of dividers will be tiny compared to encounter dividers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent of Cthulhu wrote:
Maybe when it comes to dividers less is more? Within a year or two we could end up needing hundreds of encounter set dividers alone!


I'm wondering if there should be dividers based on the set icon rather than the encounter icon. That way you could put all of your Core Set encounter cards in one "space" and fish out the ones you need come time. But I also know that that's a lot of symbols to put at the top of a divider.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
Agent of Cthulhu wrote:
Maybe when it comes to dividers less is more? Within a year or two we could end up needing hundreds of encounter set dividers alone!


I'm wondering if there should be dividers based on the set icon rather than the encounter icon. That way you could put all of your Core Set encounter cards in one "space" and fish out the ones you need come time. But I also know that that's a lot of symbols to put at the top of a divider.


Oh yeah! But this ain't my first rodeo

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys, we seem to have a consensus. I think this is a good option for now and as more cards come out, I'll add to this and/or change it up. What do you all think?



And here is a close up of those level 0 and 1+ icons:

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shagrath
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love these!

I'm so ready to print out some dividers, and this option fits in with my aesthetic a lot better than the other options currently out. I hope the files will be put up soon, as I'm itching to finalize my storage (at least until Dunwich comes out).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan French
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks great, cant wait to get these printed out. Will you be doing horizontal at the same time?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. Will there also be a divider for investigators (which don't have a level)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shagrath
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
jayelbird wrote:
Looks good. Will there also be a divider for investigators (which don't have a level)?

I'm pretty sure those are shown on one of his images from the first page. This last update seems to just be clearing up the card level discrepancy talked about previously.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XShagrath wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
Looks good. Will there also be a divider for investigators (which don't have a level)?

I'm pretty sure those are shown on one of his images from the first page. This last update seems to just be clearing up the card level discrepancy talked about previously.


You are totally right! I lost sight of this with all of the different ponderings and versions and ways to break all of this up. I'll cook some up before I upload these.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys, here are the dividers for the encounter cards. Just like with LOTR, I will be producing these as the packs and deluxe expansions come out.



And here's a close up:

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ryno80 wrote:
Okay guys, here are the dividers for the encounter cards. Just like with LOTR, I will be producing these as the packs and deluxe expansions come out.



And here's a close up:



Awesome work. Do you plan on changing the color for each set like your LotR dividers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryno80 wrote:
Okay guys, here are the dividers for the encounter cards. Just like with LOTR, I will be producing these as the packs and deluxe expansions come out.

Those are pretty nice, but as a thought it seems pretty likely that some of the groupings like "Rats" or "Ghouls" will used outside of the "Night of the Zealot" campaign. Making this a bit of a departure from how LotR LCG worked. You just may want to evaluate if you want those packs saying "Night of the Zealot" on them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
supermarino wrote:
ryno80 wrote:
Okay guys, here are the dividers for the encounter cards. Just like with LOTR, I will be producing these as the packs and deluxe expansions come out.

Those are pretty nice, but as a thought it seems pretty likely that some of the groupings like "Rats" or "Ghouls" will used outside of the "Night of the Zealot" campaign. Making this a bit of a departure from how LotR LCG worked. You just may want to evaluate if you want those packs saying "Night of the Zealot" on them.


Woa! You are right. Man, I am really rushing these things and making mistakes all over the place, thanks to you and this awesome community keeping me honest. As part of my process, I try to make sure to print out, cut and put in my box as a prototype. Once I know that everything is perfect, then I'll post on here and my website.

TL;DR yes, I will remove that sub-text.

And yes to the previous question, the background will change per expansion.
8 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Schwindt
Austria
Elsbethen
Salzburg
flag msg tools
badge
I am just so into Arkham Horror LCG!! Plan on buying the Mansions of Madness at next opportunity!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a great work - highly appreciated that you share this with us!! I also long to set up my Arkham LCG case, using these fine works of art to enhance the overall appearance!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan French
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will you be putting out Horizontal dividers at the same time for these?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
frenchie746 wrote:
Will you be putting out Horizontal dividers at the same time for these?


Yep.

Also, here is an update and some pics after I cut these out and put them in my box. By the way, my standard Vertical XL (3"x4") do fit in the BCW 2 row boxes too!





I have had a lot of great feedback here that I will be folding into one more iteration on these and then I'll post the file up on the files page as well as my website.

9 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parrish
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to get my hands on them!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, these are very cool.

Any chance you may be able to make your encounter card group icons available?

Especially if they on a transparent background.

They're really good quality.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawk Strike
msg tools
mb
Nice! Love the icons for the scenario cards.

I'm a fan of horizontal storage though for my Hobby Lobby box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Hawkstrike wrote:
Nice! Love the icons for the scenario cards.

I'm a fan of horizontal storage though for my Hobby Lobby box.

You're in luck! He's making horizontal cards as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for doing these Ryan. I printed out the LotR ones you designed and I'm absolutely delighted with them; I laminated and then trimmed them and they look like shop bought!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bille mann
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey ryno,

I love them. Looks great!

Thx in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.