Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused by rule 15.3.5 which states that both Turkey and Italy are treated as minor countries before at-war, but are otherwise major powers (though I'm not sure if that is a purely nominal title). The rule also states that both Italy and Turkey align in a similar fashion as a minor country. Once Turkey or Italy activates for either the CP or Allies, do they:

A) Become fully playable major powers, with their own forcepools, production capabilities, independent from other major powers.

B) Become aligned to a major power on their side, and transfers all their units into that major power's forcepool. From now on, if an Italian or Turkish unit is to be built, it will be done through the production cycle of its aligned major power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mb
kubaman wrote:
I'm a little confused by rule 15.3.5 which states that both Turkey and Italy are treated as minor countries before at-war, but are otherwise major powers (though I'm not sure if that is a purely nominal title). The rule also states that both Italy and Turkey align in a similar fashion as a minor country. Once Turkey or Italy activates for either the CP or Allies, do they:

A) Become fully playable major powers, with their own forcepools, production capabilities, independent from other major powers.

B) Become aligned to a major power on their side, and transfers all their units into that major power's forcepool. From now on, if an Italian or Turkish unit is to be built, it will be done through the production cycle of its aligned major power.

It's A. Italy and the Ottomans are fully playable, independent powers with their own action limits, force pools, and production. If you look at the production chart and the major power activities limits charts, you'll find Italy and the OE are both included. "Treating as minor countries before at war" bit is shorthand meaning you can rail resources through them, do not do production for them, cannot enter their hexes, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.