Hide
6 Posts

Resident Evil Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trashing Ammo Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Smith
msg tools
Is there a way to trash ammo cards in the game, but not based on action cards? Someone told me you could trash 1 ammo card at the end of a turn, but not sure if that info is accurate, wanna make sure i'm playing right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have other sets, Skills (Mercenaries) and some characters (Premier Rebecca comes to mind right away) have trashing options when levelled up (and trigger is met). Mercenaries Basic Ammo cards, the +20 Ammo you can trash and pick a +30 ammo if you kill an Infected on the turn you played the +20. Some Infected also might help you by trashing ammo (Hunter from Premier if you fail to kill it trashes 2 random cards from your discard pile, probably going to trash your Automatic Shotgun and Rocket Launcher instead of +10 ammo though ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy nothing and don't explore I believe you can trash one card from your hand. I often forget about this rule myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
If you buy nothing and don't explore I believe you can trash one card from your hand. I often forget about this rule myself.

There is no Rest from Thunderstone option in RE. Buy nothing, no explore, no trash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
corkysru wrote:

There is no Rest from Thunderstone option in RE. Buy nothing, no explore, no trash.

My apologies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think using Rest in RE like in TS, thin-deck "meta" would reign far more supreme, due to the added ease of thinning out crap and you'd end up with more cookie-cutter type decks (same few cards each and every game), regardless of character. As long as there is a Trashing Action in the setup, you should be fine. Nightmare set setups notwithstanding as those typically revolve around bigger decks/discard piles. There are one or two premade setups in the rulebooks that don't feature any Trashing actions, Backlog from Alliance for example, implementing a Rest option in those setups would alter the intended way of playing that setup, however might make the game run smoother/quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.