Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to wrap my headed around rule 19.

It is clear from that rule that the UK and France do not Co-Operate (I don't blame them). Therefore no CW unit can enter France unless it is part of the foreign troop commitment. However to enable foreign troop commitment there is a need to get an HQ unit into the non co-operating country (presumably), which allows the arrival of non-HQ units up to the "reorg-value" of the HQ unit. This is where I'm assuming that you can send an HQ unit into the non co-operating country without violating rule 19?

Once you have some units in a non co-operating country they are no longer subject to foreign troop commitment levels (again presumably). I'm assuming this would allow the previous HQ unit to commit more units into the non co-operating country (again up to its "reorg-value").

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - land a CW HQ in France first. It doesn't need FTC (though the rule could be clearer on that, I guess; as a long-time WIF player, I know this to be true), and it is there to provide FTC for subsequent units.

But your third para isn't right. The total limit for (in this case) CW non-HQ units in France equals the total reorg value of all CW HQs in France, period. Never higher. So if the CW has French and Kitchener in France, they can have six other units in France, max.

Now, the CW could put in Kitchener and French, bring in six other units, then take away French and/or Kitchener. Since those six units began the step in France, they're OK. But the CW would NOT be able to add a seventh unit to France, or (if both French & Kitchener went away) replace destroyed CW units in France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks!

wifwendell wrote:
As a long-time WIF player, I know this to be true

That's where I lack the knowledge. Fatal Alliances is my first "WIF-like" game, so it's a bit of a learning curve. I've actually refereed to the WIF rulebook a few times, since it has more examples and has more wordage. But I'm really enjoying it so far, definitely my kind of game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
Cool thanks!

wifwendell wrote:
As a long-time WIF player, I know this to be true

That's where I lack the knowledge. Fatal Alliances is my first "WIF-like" game, so it's a bit of a learning curve. I've actually refereed to the WIF rulebook a few times, since it has more examples and has more wordage. But I'm really enjoying it so far, definitely my kind of game!

I'm just entering 1916 in my first solo play of FAIII - and am going to start a vassal game with two buddies in a week or two, so it's fresh in my mind!

Oh I did find where it's explicit that HQs don't count against FTC limits, in 19.2.1 (my emphasis):

You satisfy the foreign troop commitment limit if there is at
least one HQ from the unit’s original home country there (any
Commonwealth HQ for Commonwealth units) and the total
number of that country’s non-HQ units there is less than or equal
to the total printed reorganisation values of the HQs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.