Popular Tags: [View All]
Dante Gagne
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I didn't see an answer to this one, but we know what happens if you drop a crystal due to damage onto an empty space, a minion, another mech, an impassible space (E.g. boulder), etc... The ONE case that we didn't see was what happens if a crystal lands on another crystal?

We called it that the rules don't specifically say that two crystals can't share a space, so the crystals just stack up. Naturally since a mech can't carry more than ONE crystal at a time, this may mean that they're standing on top of one crystal holding another crystal which is a bit clunky with the minis, but hey...

Has anyone seen an official ruling on this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saphon wrote:
Hey folks,

I didn't see an answer to this one, but we know what happens if you drop a crystal due to damage onto an empty space, a minion, another mech, an impassible space (E.g. boulder), etc... The ONE case that we didn't see was what happens if a crystal lands on another crystal?

We called it that the rules don't specifically say that two crystals can't share a space, so the crystals just stack up. Naturally since a mech can't carry more than ONE crystal at a time, this may mean that they're standing on top of one crystal holding another crystal which is a bit clunky with the minis, but hey...

Has anyone seen an official ruling on this one?

I haven't seen any official ruling, but based on rules as written, I'd play exactly the way you state it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante, I have had it happen and I play it the way you have stated it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a reasonable solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I don't know guys.
I would play it as a crystal that's fall off the board's edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I would say that crystal shards can stack on one another (since they are already allowed to share the same space as minions and they're not treated as obstacles for the purpose of blocking ripsaw). Like you said though, if you walk over that space you would only be able to pick up one shard at a time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.