Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a rule somewhere that explains how long the tracks need to be given the fixed number of cards in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ready-made tracks use all the pieces, and I think we counted that it's just about the correct length. If you start from the back line and don't get any penalty cards or benefit from slipstreaming or downhills, you may run out of cards.

If the track is not using all the pieces, then there's no problem. If the track is using extra pieces then, yes, there may be a problem. But the decks are thick enough for the track pieces in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe the tracks are 68 spaces long (I haven't checked each official version). This is length I've been using for custom track setups. That is unfortunately one limiting factor on customization, unless you start making custom decks (e.g. by adding or removing one additional copy of each number to the deck, keeping the ratios the same, but modulating the total energy of the deck to the track length). However, a track with more uphill spaces will require more energy, more downhill spaces less energy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you remove cards, you should keep all tiles. The length and the decks are dependent on each other.

One quick way to do this, is to remove a third of the cards and shorten the length to 46 spaces.

Regards
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:
Unless you remove cards, you should keep all tiles. The length and the decks are dependent on each other.

One quick way to do this, is to remove a third of the cards and shorten the length to 46 spaces.

Regards
Asger Granerud

Interesting!
It could be a faster way to play one or two steps in a Grand Tour, especially those for sprinters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
The ready-made tracks use all the pieces, and I think we counted that it's just about the correct length. If you start from the back line and don't get any penalty cards or benefit from slipstreaming or downhills, you may run out of cards
I guess if you run out you just have to draw and play an exhaustion card until you limp over the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:

Regards
Asger Granerud

Lovely design BTW - Played it for the first time last night and it seems to really capture the way a race works without getting bogged down in overly-complicated rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.