4 Posts

Red7» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on Cards to Score rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the general idea that, if you win a round with scoring, you score the largest set of cards from your palette that meet the current rule and, if there is more than one such set, the one with the highest aggregate value?

Red: the single highest card
Orange: the largest set of one number; if more than one such set, the one with the highest number
Yellow: the largest set of one color; if more than one with the highest number (and second highest, etc.)
Green: all even cards in the palette
Blue: the highest card of each color
Indigo: the longest run; if more than one such run, the one with the highest number
Violet: all cards below 4

There can be ties:

Red: red 7 and orange 7
Yellow: red 7-5 and orange 7-5
Indigo: two 7's, two 6's, two 5's

One could break such ties by color, as follows:
Red: highest single card in highest color, if tied
Yellow: largest set, breaking ties by number, then color
Indigo: longest run, breaking ties by number, then color at each rank

Or does the player get to choose?

The game uses value then color to break ties between players.

It is generally to a players advantage (scoring-wise) to pick the highest value for cards to score - but color has no benefit for scoring.

A player who wins red with a red 7 and an orange 7 may see an advantage to scoring orange and keeping the red 7 in play. Would this be allowed?

Consider this also: suppose the rule is indigo, and no other players have a run with length greater than 1. The winner has a 7-6 run and a 1-2-3 run. Can he score the 7-6?

Edit: I do see that similar questions were asked and answered here: Advanced Scoring Question - Which Cards Go To Score Pile

That said, I wonder whether I might have raised a few new points in my often pedantic way. (Also, not sure whether all answers in the other thread, as sensible as they likely are, were officially confirmed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Baker
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you have no choice; you score the largest set of cards from your palette that meet the current rule, breaking ties by number then color.

Edit: changed rank to color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ontguy wrote:
I'd say you have no choice; you score the largest set of cards from your palette that meet the current rule, breaking ties by number then rank.

By rank you mean color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Baker
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
ontguy wrote:
I'd say you have no choice; you score the largest set of cards from your palette that meet the current rule, breaking ties by number then rank.

By rank you mean color?

Yes. I've edited my reply.

To add some more, I think the scoring rules imply taking the best set of cards that meet the current rule despite the points they are worth. Setting up your palette in such a way that your scored cards give you the most points is apart of the game's challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.