Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ordered Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition.

I do not have the first edition at all!

If I understood the description for this, it's to convert first edition expansion to 2nd edition hence probably won't be of any benefit to me as an owner of only 2nd edition?

Many thanks for your time in helping me understanding this ha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Incorrect. The figure and tile collections are for people who do not own 1st Edition, so that they can *have* 1st Edition content in their games.

The thing you are thinking of - the Conversion Kit - is included for free in the 2nd Edition base game. DO NOT THROW IT AWAY!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is the opposite. I think those with the 1st edition could re purpose their stuff through all expansions to use with 2nd edition through the app.

I believe the 2nd edition expansions are exactly FOR those of us who do NOT have 1st edition stuff so these boxes give us the tiles and characters and such to play the new app scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
Fildinius, I presume.
badge
"Butter the hole, captain."
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify what others have said, the "conversion kit" character cards and monster tokens included in the second edition base game are required both if you have the first edition and its expansions OR if you buy the "suppressed memories" or "recurring nightmares" expansions. Those expansions are just first edition minis and map tiles to augment your second edition if you never owned first edition but want the monsters and maps from it. Whether you're using minis and map tiles from the first edition or from those two expansions however, you'll need to use the cards and monster tokens included in your second edition base game "conversion kid" as these expansions are literally just minis and maps, no character cards or monster tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody!

I suppose I'll understand once my box arrives and I check out the Conversion Kit.

I'm also wondering does those two expansions contribute toward the storyline as well as playing of the second edition?

In other words, are they worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you want. If you want new scenarios, the upcoming DLC and expansion will be better bang for your buck. (In terms of story, they're independent of the ones in the 2E base game. There are some callbacks to first edition scenarios, but those won't mean anything to you unless you played that edition.)

The new map tiles add a little more variation to the base game scenarios, but not much. The big gain is the new investigators and monsters, which do add some variety to the gameplay. They're also the easiest to proxy, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.