United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter 40

Mare Nostrum Player Screen Reference Sheet
Posted by Uwe Eickert (Creator)
We hope that you are having fun playing Mare Nostrum! Thanks to everyone for their great feedback!
Below are the Empire Screens with their start up settings written out. This can help interpret the pictorial map.
You can right click the graphic to save it to your desktop. We will also have a high rez version of the image available on our website tomorrow.
Mare Nostrum Empire Screens Mare Nostrum Empire Screens
Kickstarter Exclusive War and Peace Markers
USA supporters, that have not received their KS Exclusive War and Piece marker set, will receive an email from CrowdOx tonight. It will be labeled:
War & Peace Markers for 'Mare Nostrum - Empires'
Follow the link in that email so that we know where to mail your marker set.
War and Peace Markers War and Peace Markers
Thanks again for all of your support!
Uwe
Academy Games

This is a copy of the text in the new update, that you should have gotten if you were a backer. Included are photos of the new text on the player screens. There is also a photo of the eight counter punch out insert: 1 Odysseus Marker, 5 At War markers, and 2 Peace markers.

(Edit)
Follow Up Crowd Ox Order; the above plus:

Hero Leader Expansion ($7)

Rome: Brutus
Greece: Alexander
Carthage: Mago I
Egypt: Khufu
Babylon: Xerxes
Atlantis: Gadeirus

(Alternate starting Leaders for each empire, to be used as desired--all or some.)

Heroes of The Bible Expansion ($7)

Daniel
Joshua
David
John The Baptist
Jesus

(Mix in with other Heroes to be drawn in the game. It is noted that this second set will not be available elsewhere).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mb
Question for those who have played the base game more extensively than I. How necessary or more interesting do you think either of the two mini expansions offered at the same time now as the markers are?

I like the idea of alternative leaders to start the game, but is that much diversity needed to help with replayability or preventing the same strategy game after game? Same questions with the heroes...

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered the starting leader set, as I figure that would offer the most. I have only played a few times, and it's been awhile unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mb
There are two sets, right? ...with each leader costing $7, making each of the two sets $35?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mb
Brother Jim wrote:
There are two sets, right? ...with each leader costing $7, making each of the two sets $35?

I read it as each set as a whole for $7 for a total of $14 for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:

No, it's just $7 per set, and there are two sets (Alternate Heroes Set and Heroes of the Bible Set), so it's $14 total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
Brother Jim wrote:

No, it's just $7 per set, and there are two sets (Alternate Heroes Set and Heroes of the Bible Set), so it's $14 total.

Thanks; that is much better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta hand it to them--they finally get around to giving us our missing markers and manage to piggyback a couple last add-ons onto it. Priceless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just did the second post's Crowd Ox survey, and added descriptions of the two new sets to the OP. You could pay by credit card or Paypal. I got them both, because what the hey!

The confirmation follow up email I got seemed to only charge me $14, but then said something about an additional $14 "Project Support," which I certainly did not authorize. It seems like a quick system, this being the first time I've used it, but neither the prices nor this "second charge" were clear. The prices were stated better on the checkout page.

Chris,

Its hard to say, since they didn't give the powers of the leaders. The text mentioned that opening game strategies and Leader Column positions are different using them, so that seems significant. Certainly the icons on the new tiles show different powers from the originals. And that would significantly effect how the nations are played!

Needed to play? No. Cheap enough to just add on? Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall Academy noting there had been a delay because they had to change or remove one of the Biblical heroes due to some kind of cultural controversy. Anyone remember which it was, what the issue with it was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zekks wrote:
Question for those who have played the base game more extensively than I. How necessary or more interesting do you think either of the two mini expansions offered at the same time now as the markers are?

I like the idea of alternative leaders to start the game, but is that much diversity needed to help with replayability or preventing the same strategy game after game? Same questions with the heroes...

Thanks.

I would say no. I've played the game somewhat extensively and I am in no way tired of it. In 10 games (played, and more games teaching) I haven't even played with the expansion yet, really. If there were no heroes or mini expansions released, I would still enjoy the game immensely.

That said, I ordered these two expansions immediately. So I don't think the base game requires these heroes in any way to make it more interesting. But I look forward to trying them out nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bible heroes weren't all that attractive to me overall, but I love the idea of having Jesus on my side (and I'm not even a Christian).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Just did the second post's Crowd Ox survey, and added descriptions of the two new sets to the OP. You could pay by credit card or Paypal. I got them both, because what the hey!

The confirmation follow up email I got seemed to only charge me $14, but then said something about an additional $14 "Project Support," which I certainly did not authorize. It seems like a quick system, this being the first time I've used it, but neither the prices nor this "second charge" were clear. The prices were stated better on the checkout page.

Chris,

Its hard to say, since they didn't give the powers of the leaders. The text mentioned that opening game strategies and Leader Column positions are different using them, so that seems significant. Certainly the icons on the new tiles show different powers from the originals. And that would significantly effect how the nations are played!

I had just gotten the new leaders and it basically said the same thing yours did, but an additional $7 instead of $14 likes yours since I only got one set.

But then got my Paypal email receipt and it was only charged $7. So that CrowdOx thing is just a weird way of showing things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
chas59 wrote:

Chris,

I had just gotten the new leaders and it basically said the same thing yours did, but an additional $7 instead of $14 likes yours since I only got one set.

But then got my Paypal email receipt and it was only charged $7. So that CrowdOx thing is just a weird way of showing things.

Agree. I bought both and PayPal shows $14 sent, not $28. Since that receipt says I sent $14, I will take that as the true amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a corrected receipt from Crowd Ox, apologizing for that extra "contribution charge" mentioned above, "and any confusion it caused." Makes you wonder if someone is actually reading these posts over there!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCloud
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zekks wrote:

Thanks.

Well, I'll have to play with the alternate leaders to find out, but Brutus, Xerxes, and Gadeirus seem to offer some interesting options to play.

Khufu's power is boring and yet possibly too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Randall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am sure I have the hi-res file (nearly 33MB!), I'm am left gnashing my teeth when my printer and adobe seem to be conspiring to ensure I can only print them all off to one page total.

Was kind of hoping for individual files that I could print landscape and zoom in far enough that the angled parts fall off the page. (so may hap requires a different file type?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.