Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought this game months ago and played it a lot but I haven't gotten through all of the scenarios by any means, you get your monies worth there. They could have given us six scenarios and put the rest in a seperate booklet and sold it to us separately and we would have bought it.

I yanked it out again yesterday, forgotten how fun this game is and how cool all of the aliens are BUT the mind control is lacking just a little. The idea of the brains mind controlling the rocketeers is awesome but they don't have us do anything. It seems like they should have us DO something with that one AP they steal from us.

I would not advise this variant for the tougher scenarios (and which one isn't) but it might liven your games up just a little.

Whenever you are mind controlled roll on this table:

1-5 You stand and stare blankly as normal, chanting "Dan Raspler is evil, he must die, Ack, Ack, Ack!

6) You move to an adjacent tile that is detrimental to you. Into a tile full of aliens or away from a piece of equipment you may be headed for. You make the choice but it should be the worst move you could make.

7) You inexplicably bleed off an increment of O2. Discard an 02 cube.

8) You open a hatch on your tile that you would rather leave closed. If you have the heat gun you use a charge to permanently open the hatch. Again, you make the choice but it should be a hatch that you weren't thinking of opening, one that might be holding back some bugs, leeches or, gulp, a sentinel.

9) You close a hatch, same as above except it's a hatch you were hoping to use. If there is no open hatch just stand and stare blankly chanting "Ack, Ack, Ack!

10) You shoot at your fellow rocketeer who is closest to you. If there are two equidistant you choose which. You also choose the weapon so pick the one that does the least damage (if you have the air blade and a laser gun, you could choose the air blade) You still need line of sight as normal and you need to pick a ranged weapon if the targeted rocketeer is not in your tile, in that case you cannot choose a weapon without range. If you do not have an appropriate weapon or no weapon at all, stand and stare blankly chanting "all of your bass are belong to us, Ack, Ack Ack.......Ack!

Have fun and stay away from brains in a jar, has Futurama taught us nothing.

Edit: Forgot, no weapon does less damage just have fewer dice so less chance to hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I love the idea of fan-made variants, but it's funny that you're coming up with ways to make the game harder -- a number of comments suggested it was too tough!

While it may SEEM as if the Brains are only leaving Mind Controlled Rocketeers on hold, they're actually doing something far more insidious with all that freed-up brain-power: they're forcing the poor Rocketeers to work on their space-taxes. Alien cruelty knows no bounds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Rose
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
1-5 You stand and stare blankly as normal, chanting "Dan Raspler is evil, he must die, Ack, Ack, Ack!

Something about this rule appeals to me. Maybe we can include it in the expansion. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.