Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The location was 1 spot from being overrun. 2 players were at 1 health (neither of which was the to-be-active player). The next player starts his turn, and the dark arts card requires that he loses 2 health, and everyone else loses 1. That results in 2 stuns, and 2 skull tokens placed on the location.

My question is this: do both go on the card? Because during the active player's turn, if they are able to remove 1 token, that would prevent the location from being taken. However, there would have been 2 skull tokens placed, so removing only 1 wouldn't be enough.

In our game it was a moot point, because the active player defeated the final villain, so we didn't get to the cleanup phase of his turn. (It was definitely an exciting finish!)

However, in case it ever comes down to this in the future, I'd like to know the correct way to play it. My guess is that you would not play excess tokens, because there's not space for it on the location card.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You attempt to place them all.
A location cannot hold more than its limit.
Overflow are not placed.
If you can remove a token before the end of the Active Player's control you don't lose the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
You attempt to place them all.
A location cannot hold more than its limit.
Overflow are not placed.
If you can remove a token before the end of the Active Player's control you don't lose the location.

That is the way we would have played it. (We discussed it after the game just finished.) Thank you for letting me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.