Gabriel Kleinert
msg tools
I just got this game, and I love it. However, the attribute clips- the little black plastic clips that go on the edges of your character tile thing to show what values their Speed, Might, Sanity, and Knowledge are at- are kind of... terrible?

Not only are they just a bit too short (it's hard to tell at a glance which number they're pointing at) but they just don't grip the edge of the character tiles well at all. Multiple times during my last play session someone would accidentally bump their character tile, and then we'd have to spend a couple minutes trying to remember what values their attributes were at because the tiniest jolt would cause the clips to move from their place.

We tried using paper clips (which worked very well- they gripped the tiles firmly and they were even the perfect length) but I'm concerned that over time they'll cause minute, but additive damage to the edges of the tiles. I've also considered putting a layer of clear tape along the edges of the tiles to give them a teensy bit more thickness so as to help the clips grab on, but that still doesn't solve the problem of them being just barely not long enough.

Does anyone know of a better solution? Or should I just use paper clips and worry about the damage if/when it becomes an issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
some solutions discussed here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1054547/simple-slider-clip-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ordered some of the shapeways ones, but they were no better a fit. I've ended up using black insulation tape on the inside of the original arrows, nice fit now, will see how durable it is mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple App

http://samnkels.com/betrayal/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Turn the figurehead into the wind, lash the crew to the masts, and God be with us.
badge
Fun Fact: Known to sniff glitter-glue out of a Muse's thong.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.