Subject: Simultaneous turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you can take actions simultaneously, but some events reward the player who has the most of something. So you can get situations where one player might change their actions based on someone else's actions.

I assume that if this comes up, it's reasonable to revert back to turn order, so that players earlier in the turn order have to commit to their actions, and player later in the turn order can then use that information when making their decisions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The iello rule book actually says to take all distributed actions at once, in turn order. Though I suggest that you do as much as possible simultaneously to save time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry, should have been clearer.

The standard rules are to take actions in turn order, but they also say that "once players are familiar with the different actions, you may resolve actions simultaneously".

If you're playing with simultaneous actions and this comes up, would you go back to using turn order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Yeah, sorry, should have been clearer.

The standard rules are to take actions in turn order, but they also say that "once players are familiar with the different actions, you may resolve actions simultaneously".

If you're playing with simultaneous actions and this comes up, would you go back to using turn order?

What I meant to suggest is that going in order, as written in the rule book (by Illeo at least), takes precedence. Only if and when player turns don't interact and players are familiar with the rules - they should take actions simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.