Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This is a picture of General Cassius Marcellus Clay, radical abolitionist, politician, lawyer, farmer, and Bowie knife fighter. Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be more Warfighter expansions and material coming in the future? Any idea of what quarters of what years? What kind of material? Inquiring minds!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so, because there's alot that could be added to the original Warfighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave 3 of SF Warfighter is coming in 2017 - probably KS in first quarter with delivery 3rd (at a guess allowing printing and shipping time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This is a picture of General Cassius Marcellus Clay, radical abolitionist, politician, lawyer, farmer, and Bowie knife fighter. Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Do you remember where you might have seen that at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My email box ;-)

It might also be in the news threads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there ya go! If you get any more insider info please post it here! I subscribe and never seem to get any updates, except the next Kickstarter campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will post as I know definitely

Some things are not yet set in stone - hence my qualifiers above.

I'll email DVG about possible updates via WF KS pages and the DVG mailing list.

Other source of info is DVG Facebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ps the IAFL KS has some discounts on WF in the add ons if you are interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring on the new stuff. More Warfighter is always a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
should I wait for the new stuff or get the existing one. I am planning on Footlocker and reloaded expansions for WFSF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crusher100 wrote:
should I wait for the new stuff or get the existing one. I am planning on Footlocker and reloaded expansions for WFSF.

Both are good buys and provide useful content.

as to waiting.... ninja

I've had an email update!
The yet to be absolutely confirmed and set in stone plan is:
Wave 3 of Warfighter SF (Modern) is coming in Mid 2017 via Kick Starter (Security company campaign boxed game with expansions (I don't know what)), with delivery possibly in the 3rd Quarter (allowing for delays in printing and shipping time lets say 4th Quarter to be safe)! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistlewhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davidinsydney2 wrote:
Wave 3 of SF Warfighter is coming in 2017 - probably KS in first quarter with delivery 3rd (at a guess allowing printing and shipping time)

As someone new to DVG, Warfighter and board gaming as a whole. What exactly is "wave 3" in this context? Is this when DVG push another kickstarter, expansion campaign? Should I hold out for the Wave 3 to buy the core set and expansions aka discounts etc?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJsPancakeHouse wrote:
davidinsydney2 wrote:

As someone new to DVG, Warfighter and board gaming as a whole. What exactly is "wave 3" in this context? Is this when DVG push another kickstarter, expansion campaign? Should I hold out for the Wave 3 to buy the core set and expansions aka discounts etc?

Thanks

Welcome and YES!
(a perhaps on waiting - between KS and delivery can be 6 months.

DVG releases their core games and/or expansions of Warfighter in Waves (that overwhelm you. leaving you wet and happy)..
These days via a KS campaign - which often comes with discount add ons or rewards.
(eg the current Sherman Leader has lots of content, plus add ons, plus free games! see https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11606594/sherman-leader

Warfighter SF (Modern)has had 2 waves so far - the Initial Game with expansions, then a wave of more expansions, the 3rd wave will be the following:

From Dan at DVG:
----------
I don't have an estimated KS start date yet. My guess is in about 5 months?

The idea is to base the wave around a Private Military Contractor boxed game where you run a company in the middle east working for a western government.

You'll then use Warfighter to resolve your missions.

So, it will be a combo of run missions, and run a company.

We'll also have a few expansions in the wave for Modern.

-Dan
-----------

At about the same time there will be wave 2 of WF WWII, perhaps linked to wave 3 of modern.. but game delivery will be at least 6 months later (IMO).

Does this help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.