New Bedford: Rising Tide» Forums » General

Subject: Errors in Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Moore

California
msg tools
Hello
I recently purchased New Bedford and the expansion Rising Tide. There are some errors on cards and tiles so I tried to return the games but I was told they are not returnable once opened and to contact the publisher. I am hoping someone could help point me to who I should contact.

I created an account on here just to ask about this, since I'm not used buying things that have errors that are not returnable. I didn't know I had to do research before puchasing a board game. Has the game been fixed and is it possible for me to get the fixed game from a store? I would be grateful to know who I should talk to about getting the correct game.

Thanks
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a thread about the errors on the base game's page. Official FAQ and Errata
The revised tiles are being printed now and will be sent to those who have bought the game. I believe the contact info is in the tread or you can go to the publisher's website www.greaterthangames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sorry!
Yes, there were some printing errors mostly associated with the expansion.

And as David said, there is an official errata thread here that lists everything including typos and clarfications. Replacement tiles are at the printers or on their way here.
You can email contact@greaterthangames.com directly to request the corrected tiles, which will be mailed to you as soon as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sivilized wrote:
I'm very sorry!

And as David said, there is an official errata thread here that lists everything including typos and clarfications. Replacement tiles are at the printers or on their way here.
You can email contact@greaterthangames.com directly to request the corrected tiles, which will be mailed to you as soon as possible.

But they do not respond to emails. And I am hoping they will mail to the UK? I too bought from a retailer and the game is not returnable as I have now punched the game, I did this before realizing the many errors in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duckworp wrote:
Sivilized wrote:
I'm very sorry!

But they do not respond to emails. And I am hoping they will mail to the UK? I too bought from a retailer and the game is not returnable as I have now punched the game, I did this before realizing the many errors in it.

Yeah, I also emailed, no reply. Hopefully something soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Are the Rising Tide boxes for sale in stores now corrected?

Or are all copies for sale in need of the revised tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game unplayable? Most games have an error or two. We're human and it's a human made product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Is the game unplayable? Most games have an error or two. We're human and it's a human made product.

I would say that the game is unplayable unless you either sticker the corrected tiles or you write on them to correct them. There is human error and that is forgivable, even on this relatively large scale (around one-third of the tiles are printed wrongly). What amazes me is that the publisher allowed these boxes to go out to European retail in this state. Perhaps the boxes were shipped before they found out, but since they found out in July and the games hit Europe in December I am not sure that is what happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but "unplayable???" Because some of the tiles have some typos on them? Because some have an incorrect cost on one side?

Have you looked at the errata? It's really minor stuff.

The game still works, it's still completely playable.

Do you return books with typos as unreadable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
I'm sorry, but "unplayable???" Because some of the tiles have some typos on them? Because some have an incorrect cost on one side?

Have you looked at the errata? It's really minor stuff.

The game still works, it's still completely playable.

Do you return books with typos as unreadable?

OK, it is not unplayable, but you cannot play it out of the box the way the designer intended without correcting the tiles or having a reference guide next to the game to check the correct cost or text of the cards with errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The main thing to know is to request replacements.

If you are reading this thread, you already know that, so no reason to hesitate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.