Subject: Credit Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my credit card was compromised and I just found out tonight. Naturally I cancelled the CC account and one of my first thoughts was "whats going to happen to my KD:M pledge?!"

I went onto Kickstarter and was able to change the payment method without losing my pledge spot or anything. It seems to have taken the new payment method without issue and without shifting of my pledge or anything.

However I have to ask a few things:

1. I don't see the $1 pending payment on the other CC I shifted the payment method onto. I guess I can expect that soon?

2. KS doesn't really have any good contact method (from what I can tell). Anyone have any experience or recommendations in case I do need to ping them?

3. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would say that my pledge is safe and KS seemed to take everything just fine. I simply want other's input on if I missed any gaps. I would hate to miss out on my pledge because of something like this.

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Kim
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Kickstarter does not charge the card until the project is fully funded and has ended on the scheduled date.
Even if you were to change the payment method, it should not affect it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Not the avatar you're looking for
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't charged until the end of the campaign. If there is a problem with your payment, Kickstarter will notify you at the end of the campaign and you'll have a week to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkr1ak5 wrote:
Kickstarter does not charge the card until the project is fully funded and has ended on the scheduled date.
Even if you were to change the payment method, it should not affect it.

Thanks. As stated above I changed the payment method. Didn't seem to be any change other than an acknowledgement (though no email follow up which is what I like). I should be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A follow up on this one:

The payment seem to only be possible via Credit card.
I have a Sata's pledge which is, you know it, worth 1666$ which converts to 1566 euros.

The problem is that my credit card has a limit of 1250 euros.
How do you think I can workaround this as my payment will never happen otherwise?

I have 38 days to figure out how to solve this.

PS: I have a Paypal account which is unlimited but KS doesn't seem to use this payment method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
A follow up on this one:

I have a Sata's pledge which is, you know it, worth 1666$ which converts to 1566 euros.

How do you think I can workaround this as my payment will never happen otherwise?

PS: I have a Paypal account which is unlimited but KS doesn't seem to use this payment method.

I can't think of any. You'll have to try and get a credit increase on the card OR get another card with a higher limit.

If neither is possible, you just may have to downgrade your pledge now. Than when the pledgemanager opens up (and you have already paid off the credit card this first round), hope that you can upgrade your pledge level (I do not know how Poots is handling the pledgemanager.).

Kickstarter collects payments through an automated system and they only accept Credit Cards for this. There isn't a way that I know off to split the payments, and there probably isn't a customer service rep that can manually address the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
A follow up on this one:

Depending on your credit card you can sometimes up the credit yourself by essentially preloading the cash onto it. May not work on all credit cards (check your bank), but I have a CC that I use when I travel that has $2000 limit, I've had plenty of situations when I have $0 owing and added on another $1000-$2000 by manually transferring the $$ which essentially puts me in positive credit and meanings I can transact on larger purchases without going past my limit.

It's helpful because I can keep it at a low limit while still manually being able to pay for larger purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

I know I can upgrade my card but then it's permanent and I don't want that.
I will have to see if there's anything I can do with the credit card company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I dun goofed.
badge
I dun goofed.
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Thanks guys.

You can always ask your CC to lower your limit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Thanks guys.

What I've outlined above will not permanently upgrade anything, it's just putting you in positive credit (essentially you're giving the bank money to hold until you spend it) so if your CC supports that it would be your best option thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I dun goofed.
badge
I dun goofed.
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewAU wrote:
baylock wrote:
Thanks guys.

What I've outlined above will not permanently upgrade anything, it's just putting you in positive credit (essentially you're giving the bank money to hold until you spend it) so if your CC supports that it would be your best option thumbsup

Yes, I know what you're proposing, I was answering baylock's comment where he said "I can upgrade my card but then it's permanent"... but it's really not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I called my bank and it's ok.
They will raise my limit to 2000 euros temporarily for 45 days.

Not getting the Satan's pledge because I'm low on money is ok.
But not getting it because of a technical issue is not an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.