Hide
12 Posts

Founders of Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Now on Tabletop Simulator! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skire Kreshnar
msg tools
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809088...

Seems that Isaac Chiles has made this one himself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Interesting... but want more info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Tabletop Simulator mod was put up for play testers, but the easiest thing to do was just make it public. Everyone is welcome to try it out if they'd like, but:
(a) Don't judge the components. They are obviously not final.
(b) I would really appreciate your feedback, especially the statistics of the game (races played, resources owned, points scored, prestige buildings built, etc.), as it would help a lot in fine-tuning the balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac you are really amazing. Thanks for sharing your work. Is there a place to read a draft of the rules? . Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the link to the rules in the Tabletop Simulator entry:
http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Founde...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorfl2 wrote:
You can find the link to the rules in the Tabletop Simulator entry:
http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Founde...

Wow, that resource delivery mechanic makes my head spin in a wonderful way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Like so many others I can't wait for Gloomhaven to land on my doorstep. I am amazed with how professional Isaac is at developing quality board games and his KS campaign / updates.

With the demo of FoG being on TTS I look forward to giving it a go when my TTS friends are online.

After reading the rules and specifically on page 2

"Provided by the accompanying print file (page number of print file in parentheses)"

is there a printable version of the demo I could give a go with my wife and kids? Or is the print file only available to a select few testers and reviewers? I know I could get a lot more demo play with my family over waiting for TTS friends to log on.

TLDR: Is there a printable demo version available? (((Pg. 2 of rules ---Provided by the accompanying print file (page number of print file in parentheses):---)))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, send me an email (cephalofair at gmail) and I can add you to a play tester list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking at the rules (but not playing), I wonder if you might flavor what you're now calling roads as cleared/razed areas. That might make more sense since the space allows you to make a connection in eight directions, which is easier to do in a meadow than on a highway.

That then also flavors the uncleared spaces as wilderness, which would obviously be impassable to building materials and I think is consistent with developing a new city. Of course I don't know if that jibes with the rest of the history of the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just updated the TTS version with the new rules/balance changes and some very slightly better-looking components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Merritt
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Isaac, You Sir are a dime a dozen to actually give us a sample of what's to come! TTS is an amazing tool that I hope a lot of developers will utilize in the future and I salute you for being one of the few to brave those steps! Here's hoping after the game reaches retail we get an official Mod on Tabletop! Thx again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kroupa
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
dime a dozen, unless I'm mistaken, means there are 10 for every 12. In other words, it means to be common. not picking, just informing m8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.