Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say a player has played an exhaustion card.

What happens to the exhaustion card?

I distinctly remember a friend of mine saying that the exhaustion card goes to the bottom of their pile -- IE: They can never get rid of the exhaustion card.

But I read through the rules and saw one of the videos and there is no mention of what happens to the exhaustion card when played.

Just to clarify -- what happens when exhaustion cards are played?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john newman
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In two different places, the rules clearly state to remove the played cards. The rules also explicitly state "Cards are only payed once per game." The unplaced cards are recycled back into your deck. To me, it looks like your friend is incorrect. From a simulation stand point the rules make sense. If I were riding my bike and hit the wall (drew four 2's) I would slow down and catch my breath (through out the 2 after it's played). After a turn or two, I would be able to ride a little harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Exhaustion cards are discarded when played. Played cards are always discarded.

But to piggyback on this, for Grand Tour, only the Exhaustion cards still in the deck are used to calculate the total and remove half, correct? Exhaustion cards that a cyclist received but were played during the race stay discarded and don't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Exhaustion cards are discarded completely, like any other card, when played.

In a grand tour, only the exhaustion cards actually left in your deck when finished, counts for carrying over to next stage.

Happy racing
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks all, I'm glad my fears about misplaying the game have been removed.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules state "take an Exhaustion card...and recycle it". Recycling in this context is defined thus: Place the card(s)face up at the bottom of the rider's Energy deck".

From this I conclude that, when exhausted the player takes a card from the Exhaustion deck and places it face up at the bottom of the appropriate Energy deck.

Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bribaba wrote:
The rules state "take an Exhaustion card...and recycle it". Recycling in this context is defined thus: Place the card(s)face up at the bottom of the rider's Energy deck".

From this I conclude that, when exhausted the player takes a card from the Exhaustion deck and places it face up at the bottom of the appropriate Energy deck.

Correct?

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.