Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Judy
United States
Cottonwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if it was asked before, but I have a question about the double amaze subdue rule.

I have been playing that it only applies to character vs. character in melee combat.

Did the rule also intend it to apply to ranged weapons? Hunters? Henchmen? Sentinels?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the above. Creatures and sentinels can never be imprisoned, but any unit (creature, sentinel, henchman, or character) can imprison characters and henchmen, using either melee or ranged attacks.

If you Amaze on a Hit, then Amaze the Damage, and cause at least 1 damage, you can choose to imprison the target after applying the damage. If you do so, you lose the weapon if it is a “K” weapon.

Note that Hunters are automatically removed when their target is imprisoned for any reason. Sentinels are removed if they imprison an enemy character. Henchmen are imprisoned if they imprison an enemy character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Judy
United States
Cottonwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David!

I figured that was the official rule, but I tended to just house rule the character vs. character and melee only (I'm not sure why, maybe because it felt more thematic).

My next play, I'll use the official rules and see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're changing the game significantly, by making characters with low defense but lots of HP significantly better, by making destroying the prison significantly less important, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Judy
United States
Cottonwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed....

I just received the codex today, and can't wait to read through it and correct some of my other (unknown) mistakes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.