Axis & Allies Europe 1940» Forums » Variants

Subject: Scorched Earth for Industrial Complexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To replicate the Soviet use of scorched earth our group has the following house rule. During the non-combat phase a player may cause maximum damage to any Industrial Complex, Air Base and Naval Base in a territory he owns. This makes any conquering player having to clean up the mess.

Recently I was watching a video of this game being played on a custom map where all the air bases and ports were printed on the map. That really made set-up much easier and improved map clutter. To create the same effect we glued the small Industrial Complexes, air bases and ports symbols to the maps and the excess pieces are placed when purchased. It works terrific!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
The Xenogames version has similar rules but that was for the original version. I also got a color photocopy of the map to increase space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, as the Soviets did- move the factories East.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Royek
United States
Cochranton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
El Supremo wrote:

It would be nice if you could transport industrial complexes in Axis & Allies. I just pray that the designers of A&A will come out with railroads to transport your industrial complexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Patchman123 wrote:
El Supremo wrote:

It would be nice if you could transport industrial complexes in Axis & Allies. I just pray that the designers of A&A will come out with railroads to transport your industrial complexes.

While the designer of A&A hasn't brought railroads to A&A, Historical Board Gaming has: HBG acrylic Rail token, 5 for $3.45. Rules for using these pieces are also available.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.