V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bonus die, +1 Action and Sniper questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-François Pérusse
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi and thanks for this great game!

I've been playing the training missions and have a few things I'd like to clarify:

1. What does the second Officer's action do in training mission 2? My understanding is that the selected commando gets an extra die as a shooting bonus, but for how long? Does he get to keep the die forever (and can thus accumulate more than 1)? Until his next shooting only? Or until the end of the commando phase (allowing him to use the die multiple times on his turn)?

2. Suppose a commando started his turn with 3 actions and a +1 action token. After spending 2 actions, can he use his +1 action token and his remaining action to move stealthily to a medium size tile? (I'm confused because the "USING A +1 ACTION TOKEN" rule only mention that "The commando using it may execute any action requiring 1 action".)

3. When the blue Sniper's special action is used, are the trucks destroyed forever? Since destroying all trucks forever would make it for a very easy end of game, I suppose they come back at the end of the enemy phase (i.e. for the next enemy phase)?

4. In training mission 3, the rules mention to remove the card "All is quiet" / "Don't venture out there fellas.". Is it possible this card was replaced with "All is quiet" / "Sniper!!"?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'm certain that it isn't an infinite bonus. My question would be whether it applies for 1 attack or the whole turn. I am assuming 1 attack for now. The officer can use this ability once every turn, so there would be buckets of dice if it was infinite.

2. This means that the +1 action token can be used for an action costing 1AP, so I would say no. BUT, the rules don't say you can only use your +1 action token when you have no normal actions left. So you could use your token early in a turn (or perhaps on another commando's turn like a 0 AP action to trigger it) and save two normal actions to move stealthily onto a medium tile at the end of your turn. However, this is gamey and I'm not sure if that was the designer's intention. There are many things in the rules that are open to interpretation. The designer has used action and action point interchangeably in the rules, as where the rules state each commando can perform 3 actions. But he has confirmed that his intention was action POINTS.

3. Fairly certain the ability says it applies only to 1 turn. Thematically speaking you shoot up one truck, but a different one turns up every turn.

4. That is my assumption too. I believe it's a misprint like the Bunker/Blockhaus terrain card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jfperusse wrote:
2. Suppose a commando started his turn with 3 actions and a +1 action token. After spending 2 actions, can he use his +1 action token and his remaining action to move stealthily to a medium size tile? (I'm confused because the "USING A +1 ACTION TOKEN" rule only mention that "The commando using it may execute any action requiring 1 action".)

I took this additional action point to be able to be used like any other, so I've been playing it that yes, the commando could have then conducted a stealthy move onto the medium tile. It'll be interesting to see what the intention was, if it could only be used as described in the side panel or if it can be used like any other action point.

jfperusse wrote:
3. When the blue Sniper's special action is used, are the trucks destroyed forever? Since destroying all trucks forever would make it for a very easy end of game, I suppose they come back at the end of the enemy phase (i.e. for the next enemy phase)?

It's definitely only for the one reinforcement phase.

jfperusse wrote:
4. In training mission 3, the rules mention to remove the card "All is quiet" / "Don't venture out there fellas.". Is it possible this card was replaced with "All is quiet" / "Sniper!!"?

I also figured this. I couldn't find this exact card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Salut Jean-François

1. This ability is for 1 shot only and must be played immediatly after receiving it. This action costs 0 action so it can be performed during another commando's turn to give him this bonus (see « When to execute an action costing 0 action » p.6).

2. Yes, you can combine it with another action.

3. Only for the next enemy turn (as stated on the Sniper card).

4. Misprint, sorry. You guessed it, it is "All is quiet" / "Sniper!!".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check out the Official FAQ
https://v-commandos.com/pages/faq

It has the information on Training Mission 3 as well as some other useful stuff about AP spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.