Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Possible to make my own Game Page? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
I am working on my own game at the moment.. it is nearly at the "public playtest" stage... I have made a plugin for a few virtual tabletop apps and wish to have a place to list the game, link to the apps and get feedback.. assuming people are into that.

Can anyone make a "game page" or do you need it to be actually published or on a crowdfunding site?

If not.. how can I set one up...

Can you make a game page for Print and Play games?

thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the page to submit a game for entry:

https://boardgamegeek.com/item/create/boardgame

Before you do that, read over this guide to see if it is appropriate or not:

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Guide_to_Game_Submis...#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check out the Board Game Design forums: /forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-game-design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
For self-published games and user-designer efforts, a game is ready to be added to the BGG database after the game has undergone play-testing and is available in its final form. If details about the game are still being resolved and the rules are still being changed over the course of the play-testing, the game is not sufficiently finalized for a BGG entry.

from BGG Guide to Game Submissions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
ok.. I might just post in the "Game Dev" forum as a thread for now...

.. thanks!

indigopotter wrote:
Quote:
For self-published games and user-designer efforts, a game is ready to be added to the BGG database after the game has undergone play-testing and is available in its final form. If details about the game are still being resolved and the rules are still being changed over the course of the play-testing, the game is not sufficiently finalized for a BGG entry.

from BGG Guide to Game Submissions

wouldn't that make like 90% of the Kickstarter Game Pages "illegal" ? hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
How To: Add a Game to the Database (with Screen Shots)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.