Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post this but I'm not a Facebook user like my wife and I need a place to vent to "my kind of people." It must be the face to face nature of our hobby that has made this the best online community I've ever been a part of where I feel comfortable to post this.

On the night of Friday Nov. 18th 2016, our lives were changed forever. Our son, Jacob, was accidentally shot while simply hanging out with family and friends in his car. Right outside his house.

We don't know why this young kid had a gun and the details are still under investigation. What we do know is the bullet went through the drivers seat, Jacob's spine, kidney and small intestine. If not for the amazing help of our neighbors, the quick response of the paramedics and the outstanding surgeons; Jacob would not be with us. This has not been lost on us this Thanksgiving.

Today, Jacob had his first day at the rehabilitation hospital. It was another hard day physically and emotionally. There were many first steps. What is next? No idea. Like with the rest of our future of unknowables. Where and how to get a car to transport him around, what modifications do we need to the house, do we need or can we sell the house for a more suitable one and what are all the little things that we can't even conceive at the moment.

I have set up a go fund me for Jacob but I won't post a link here as I'm not sure it is allowed in the rules. Or appropriate. But many on wife's FB were asking how to help.

Please, make sure your guns are still where you left them and take the time to hug your loved ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughts with you and family.

Have you looked at the Jack Vasel Memorial fund if you need assistance?

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215192/jack-vasel-memoria...

Linking to the latest auction to stay within guidelines of forum rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.