Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

To learn the rules I am playing solo using Alessandro's video with solo rules.

Quote:

Robots fit only hard or rain tyres and select the right type based on the weather conditions at the start of the race: Hard in case of dry weather and Rain in case of rainy weather.

I noticed in the rules (v11) the following:
rules wrote:
Robots are never affected by the movement penalties, only the adjustments to checks because of weather.

Reading some of questions in this forum, I interpreted that if the conditions changes from rain to dry or the other way around Robots will pit immediately to change tires. I am assuming that they won't be affected by intermediate weather.

So, no penalty for movement but they need to pit. am I understanding the rules correctly?

The other penalty would be the -20 checks when raining. Are all robots checks affected?

This question is anticipating a bit the solo rules. If there are reckless drivers that attempt Late Breaks whenever the check is 60 or higher. Would they do that when raining?

Thanks,
Francesc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, robots are not affected by the -1 movement for intermediate tyres.

The bottom of page 17 tells you to change the robot tyres after the individual turn in which the weather changes. In solo play, only you can change the weather, so they would take a pit stop after you finish your individual turn. You only want to do this when you want to make the robots pit a second time. I've tried it, and it will hamper your movement for a few turns since you are on the wrong tyres.

All robot checks (except the leader lapping check) are -20 in the rain.

For the reckless robot driver - I would play it that the modified check is 60 in order to attempt the late brake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the answers.
So, in solo mode, under the rain and in a circuit with the highest corner check of 75, the reckless robot wouldn't attempt late breaking.
I guess makes sense; if not they would be out of the circuit quite often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.