5 Posts

Lorenzo il Magnifico» Forums » General

Subject: Leaders and iconography rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Blake
Canada
flag msg tools
I just played my first game and truly loved it!

But I stomped on some ambiguous situations:
1- I took a blue card that its instant effect allowed me to buy another blue card, with which I bought another blue card that its instant effect allowed me to buy a purple one, which then I bought too. Is this ok? Was this a legal combo?
2- I had a character card that allowed me to have +3 to my production phase. Does this mean then that my dummy worker has now a strength of 3 when put on the production space? Or does it never get any bonus and I still have to add servants to increase its strength?
3- I happened to get the leader Ludovico Ariosto, which permanent ability is "you can place your family members in occupied action spaces". Does that then mean that I can use the production and harvest action spaces even if they are used by any worker, even mine? If so, isn't that too powerful?
4- As for the leaders who have a "once per round ability" and come into play during a round, can we use their ability right now, or is it only effective in the next round?
5- For Leonardo da Vinci power, which is to make a production action of 0, can the strength of the action be increased only by spending servants or the blue cards which give +2/+3 in production action counts too?
6- Is there any place where we can have a guide for the iconography? I feel that although it's very clear most of the time, it would still be a good thing to have a reference guide/appendix to make sure that we understand the symbols properly.
7- A third age blue character card allows us to gain 2 points for every blue character we own. Do we count this newly acquired card also in the bonus points or not?
8- Some cards, on the cost space, have a symbol of military strength, and a -X (X=any number). Does this mean that the only way to buy this card is to firstly have the military strength depicted AND you lose X?

So far I think these are my main concerns. They might be very specific, but I feel that these details are still important (especially when you won by 40ish points against your wife ^^).

Thanks so much already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, this is legal as long as you paid the extra $3 both times since you already had a worker present in the blue tower. That is an extra $6 plus whatever each of the three blue cards cost. This is why going first can be very powerful in the game.

2. Uncertain, I believe we've played it adds a +3 to the dummy worker since the dummy worker still shows a die with a face of 0. 0+3 = 3.

3. I'm not sure this allows breaking the rule of color. You can go in the single spot if another worker is there AND/OR with your dummy worker.

4. Right away

5. I believe so.

7. I believe so.

8. Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3. You cannot place your colored family members in either the production or harvest action spaces twice, and this leader does not allow you to break that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Buchanan
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
please tell me where this is located in the rules. My group has looked and does not see it any where that states you can not. He is allowed to use an occupied space(.) He is not a one time use(.) The rules of color only apply to Towers. Because you can send your works to the first player area as many as you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
golfprodunkey wrote:
please tell me where this is located in the rules. My group has looked and does not see it any where that states you can not. He is allowed to use an occupied space(.) He is not a one time use(.) The rules of color only apply to Towers. Because you can send your works to the first player area as many as you want.

Take a look at the top of page 8 in the rule book, bullet point 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.