I just played my first game and truly loved it!
But I stomped on some ambiguous situations:
1- I took a blue card that its instant effect allowed me to buy another blue card, with which I bought another blue card that its instant effect allowed me to buy a purple one, which then I bought too. Is this ok? Was this a legal combo?
2- I had a character card that allowed me to have +3 to my production phase. Does this mean then that my dummy worker has now a strength of 3 when put on the production space? Or does it never get any bonus and I still have to add servants to increase its strength?
3- I happened to get the leader Ludovico Ariosto, which permanent ability is "you can place your family members in occupied action spaces". Does that then mean that I can use the production and harvest action spaces even if they are used by any worker, even mine? If so, isn't that too powerful?
4- As for the leaders who have a "once per round ability" and come into play during a round, can we use their ability right now, or is it only effective in the next round?
5- For Leonardo da Vinci power, which is to make a production action of 0, can the strength of the action be increased only by spending servants or the blue cards which give +2/+3 in production action counts too?
6- Is there any place where we can have a guide for the iconography? I feel that although it's very clear most of the time, it would still be a good thing to have a reference guide/appendix to make sure that we understand the symbols properly.
7- A third age blue character card allows us to gain 2 points for every blue character we own. Do we count this newly acquired card also in the bonus points or not?
8- Some cards, on the cost space, have a symbol of military strength, and a -X (X=any number). Does this mean that the only way to buy this card is to firstly have the military strength depicted AND you lose X?
So far I think these are my main concerns. They might be very specific, but I feel that these details are still important (especially when you won by 40ish points against your wife ^^).
Thanks so much already!
- Last edited Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:11 am (Total Number of Edits: 5)
- Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:00 am
1. Yes, this is legal as long as you paid the extra $3 both times since you already had a worker present in the blue tower. That is an extra $6 plus whatever each of the three blue cards cost. This is why going first can be very powerful in the game.
2. Uncertain, I believe we've played it adds a +3 to the dummy worker since the dummy worker still shows a die with a face of 0. 0+3 = 3.
3. I'm not sure this allows breaking the rule of color. You can go in the single spot if another worker is there AND/OR with your dummy worker.
4. Right away
5. I believe so.
7. I believe so.
3. You cannot place your colored family members in either the production or harvest action spaces twice, and this leader does not allow you to break that rule.