Hide
3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Open Group Randomizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fitzgerald Limisella
msg tools
Hi all, first of all just wanted to say that I'm so glad that the RAOV existed! I'd been holding off buying Descent even after RtL was released because I thought there was no way to play the campaign (that comes in the box) solo. So thanks Redjak!

Played my first quest last night and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Still missed a couple of things such as forgetting to play the Overlord cards several times.

So anyway I still haven't figured out how to use the open group randomizer. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I also have another variant related question. Is it possible to play with more than 4 heroes? I believe most people would suggest having a second Overlord player if you want more than 5 players but that's not what I'm after. I still want to use the RAOV and have 5 or 6 heroes. Has anyone tried this? Perhaps you could compensate by adding extra monsters? Or give existing monsters extra HP? What would be the major balance issues?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23871637#23871637

I made something specifically with the open monster randomizer in mind. It's not perfect, but it's functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
msg tools
Oh awesome! Much easier to use, thanks for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.