Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Suggestion on selling collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've come to the realization that I'm just not into Xwing like I was before. I'm going to want to get out with my collection but wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on if evilbay is better, selling it here, or any other place.

The only issue I have is that I'm missing the flight stands for most of the ships as I didn't feel like keeping around so many of them so stupidly I tossed them.

Otherwise I kept all other components but would prefer to sell it as a set so I don't have to mess with parsing it out.

Thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a FaceBook group also
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarWarsXwingSwapandSell/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have not mentioned what is in your lot. That certainly affects value.

Within the next 6 months, I am hoping to buy into X-wing - but not today. The two main places I will watch for lots I may buy are the BGG marketplace and eBay.

For a lot it seems you are trying to sell, I would:

1. Look at the price for the same items brand new from the popular online shops. Since the lot you are selling is used, I would be looking for a price discount compared to new. It would also be important to include shipping costs, as the cost for a new lot would likely be expensive enough to qualify for free shipping.

2. Vis à vis the flight stands, this would be a problem for me. I can buy replacement flight stands from third parties like Litko. So, I would buy those myself. But - and here's the part you won't like hearing - when I am looking at the purchase price, I would only move forwards to a sale if that cost plus shipping was considered in the selling price of the lot.

I am only one potential buyer. Others may express other opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do an exact count later, but I was buying everything up to wave 7 and have some multiples of the Bigger Box ships, as well as the Huge Ships.

Small ships I bought a few of those, enough to do 100 points of Tie Fighters (original not FO).

I'm pretty sure I would buy at least one of each new ship, two if they were the smaller ones. I'll get a good count either tonight or tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to get the most money, break it up individually. This will take the most time and effort and return the most amount of money.

If you want to sell it the fastest, sell it all as one lot. This will take the least time and effort and return the least amount of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold my collection right before wave 6 came out. I had about $1,000 worth of product, not counting promos, customized storage, etc. I looked into splitting it up to sell, but really just wanted to remove the mental burden of owning the collection as quickly as possible.

I ended up selling the whole collection, storage and all, to a friend for $300 bucks. I felt lucky to find someone who would take the entire collection (someone just starting out probably doesn't want that much product, and someone who already has some doesn't need 4 more X-Wings, 8 more TIE Fighters, etc). I know I could have gotten more for the collection by splitting it up, probably as much as $500, but I was happy for a friend to have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might split it up by wave. People who are just starting out might pick up the earlier waves, but they won't be of interest to people who are more into the game, who may be more likely to snap up the more recent waves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reklawyad wrote:
I'll do an exact count later, but I was buying everything up to wave 7 and have some multiples of the Bigger Box ships, as well as the Huge Ships.

Small ships I bought a few of those, enough to do 100 points of Tie Fighters (original not FO).

I'm pretty sure I would buy at least one of each new ship, two if they were the smaller ones. I'll get a good count either tonight or tomorrow.

Let us know when you have your list. I would possibly be interested in a few. Especially some of the larger ships. I might be nice for a display. Plus there's usually a few cards I'm short on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reklawyad wrote:
So I've come to the realization that I'm just not into Xwing like I was before. I'm going to want to get out with my collection but wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on if evilbay is better, selling it here, or any other place.

The only issue I have is that I'm missing the flight stands for most of the ships as I didn't feel like keeping around so many of them so stupidly I tossed them.

Otherwise I kept all other components but would prefer to sell it as a set so I don't have to mess with parsing it out.

Thanks for the info

I bought in early, quite a bit. I have not played in at least a year and don't anticipate playing at all moving forward. The ships I currently have (all wave 1-3 i believe) will be put to use for miniatures in the Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny RPG's by FFG instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.