Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions after playing:

On turn one do the heroes roll the yellow pirate die?

On the first turn the heroes moved four models to the first mast and since they had majority and their allies had not attacked they spent two gems to move the track up two. I am guessing that this is allowed.

OL moved in green pirates but since the mast area was filled up they attacked from the outside. Killed no one with their crappy rolling. Send in blue, same story.

Hero moves track 2 spaces then Conan does a 5 gem ax swing and claims that if I can attack in to his space he should be able swing out. Nothing in rules book to clear up. OL calls hero names and friendship are lost. 7 of the ten pirates die. I am pretty sure this attack is not allowed but the OL attack inward on previous was.

OL reinforces 4 green on space next to mast and moves in captain which opens up one space.

Hero pays two gems and moves the track up activate Part 2 Who's turn is it?

Even though it does not say anything in the rules we reset the turn track to 0 and leave all of the old models in place. We also continued with the heroes turn but would not allow them to use ally for attack because in part one it was the rule. Is that correct?

Otherwise we left gems, damage etc. where they were at and kept the same equipment deck etc.

It was the most confusing scenario so far. If they can hog a mast space I do not see how the OL can stop part one. Part 2 was a little more balanced but not by much. What is the rule for hogging the mast? and attacking from adjacent areas if it is not full?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that if an area has insufficient space to fit your base, you may melee attack into it from an adjacent area - thematically, think of this as crowding from the edge of the area. So long as the OL left room for Conan to enter the area, he can't attack from the adjacent one. If your players complain about this, tell them it's the price of swarming and holding an area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Swiss
msg tools
mbmbmb
The attacking adjacent areas rule could use some clarification. I tried to search these forums for mention of it but couldn't find anything. I can see where the frustration would arise from players being able to be attacked from outside their area but not being able to attack back. But then I feel like conans cleave ability should not be able to reach outside of his current area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would interpret it as if the characters melee into an adjacent space, only the unit(s) they attacked could melee back on the OL turn. and Vice Versa (the units that attacked the players could be attacked back next player turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to interpret the rules, no where does it even imply that a unit attacking from outside an area can be attacked back without the model moving into its area if able. It does prevent gamey situations like the example happening, so isn't that a good thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kitcat
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I note from the revised scenario that the ability of the heroes to trigger 'movement' is limited to only once per mast (or the poop deck) per turn which means that they won't be able to progress so quickly unless they spread out & then they won't be able to crowd the areas as easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.