Subject: First Skirmish Tournament rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for a little advice.
I have played many full campaigns as both the Empire and the Rebels. I have never played a skirmish match before.

I am unsure if you win by numbers or power so I created two armies.

One is a rebel one with 5 heroes and some helper cards. it focuses on force users.

http://ia-armies.com/army/p5zfNTX9
I am going with Luke, Leia, Diala, Davith, and obi-wan.

I plan on Obi-wan being my tank with Leia and Luke covering for him. Davith and Diala will roam trying to work on the objectives.

Most of these heroes can recover through surges so I hope that makes up for the lack of numbers.

The command cards focus on extra damage and some defense.

---

http://ia-armies.com/army/65znFuSR

My next set it Imperial and focus all on troopers with Kyan leading a team of them. In contrast, there will be 12 figures on the board and the command deck will help move them around and work together.

---

Since I do not know what I am going up against and I have never played skirmish, is it good to have numbers or quality?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both öosts only have 5 activations which is okay, but I like 6 better.

When playing rebels, I really think you should include 3po and Gideon.
Do you own Hoth? If so you should include the negation command card as well as take initiative in every list (which then again asks for small cost groups).

In the imperial list, you should drop Kayne aa he's totally overpriced and add a second elite troopers. Also add 1-2 officers and zillo if available.

Celebration is dead weight against many lists and I wouldn't include planning in a list where your only leader is a 10 point card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
Both öosts only have 5 activations which is okay, but I like 6 better.

When playing rebels, I really think you should include 3po and Gideon.
Do you own Hoth? If so you should include the negation command card as well as take initiative in every list (which then again asks for small cost groups).

In the imperial list, you should drop Kayne aa he's totally overpriced and add a second elite troopers. Also add 1-2 officers and zillo if available.

Celebration is dead weight against many lists and I wouldn't include planning in a list where your only leader is a 10 point card.

Thanks, I have all the expansions so I have a full complement of cards and figures. 6 activation's huh, never thought about the number of activation's. I was looking at figure count, but I Can see having more deployment cards can be a huge advantage.

Let me see if I can refactor this before Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis S
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the rebel build, I would remove diplomatic and balance of the force and put C3PO in. His ability to focus is important for 2 points.

Knowledge and defense and deflection can be removed since balance of the force is removed.

Negation and take initiative is almost auto includes at this time since they are very powerful.

The number of activations is fine as it is good to pass as much as you can until you have the same number of activations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.