3 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: First impressions, and one Line of Sight question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birdie
msg tools
By CROM--I love this game!

Being a huge Conan fan, I have absolutely no regret, despite paying the most I've ever spent on a game (King pledge to Canada, the shipping and foreign exchange rate killed me).

The production value is top-notch (and I haven't even painted the minis yet! Can't wait, but gotta learn and still gearing up).
I love the artwork and the boards are sublime. It's easy to teach, very fluid, dynamic game play, and feels very cinematic!
I had a little worry about replayability, but once I cracked this beast open those doubts evaporated. SO many extra characters, and with 6 maps, i'm already itchy to create my own scenario. Something in the tavern, with cups of ale that Conan can drink (increasing his battle exertion +1, or adding +1 die to combat, but -1 movement per drink), and gotta throw in the camel, maybe have them KO it as part of the mission parameters.

I had one question about Line of Sight. Say you want to do a ranged attack two spaces away. The line of sight is legal, but the space in-between has units in it, can you shoot through them? I would imagine with multiple units you wouldn't be able to, but what if there is one person there, can still shoot around him to next space? I'm a bit murky on this, and have no other miniature game experience for reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Units only effect ranged attacks if they are in the same space as the shooter. AKA hindrance +1 for every unoccupied enemy model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd need to see hindrance not as "Units blocking your line of sight" - you'll find an opening soon enough, you're an epic fighter after all - but rather as "Units trying to hack you to pieces while you're taking your shot" which is a totally different beast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.