Subject: Rules for the bonus Item cards from Kickstarter. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I am referring to the extra 5 item cards that came with the Kickstarter. Are there official rules for how these are used?

My initial feeling was that these are Hero Realms version of Gambit cards in Star Realms, but these go into your personal deck, unlike Gambits. So now I have questions:

- Since these go into the player deck, are you supposed to remove a Gold card to start with a 10 card deck?

- Since these go into the player deck and none are sacrificed, then you get to play them over and over as they come up in the deck? I want to make sure I understand that correctly because it's mostly different from Gambits.

- Can we or should we put these into the Market Deck as 0 cost cards? What would be the benefits/drawbacks? Has anyone tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See Hero Realms: 5 Magic Item Treasure Cards.

Apparently you just add one to each deck, remove the extra items.

These will have more use once classes and campaign expansions become available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
Let this be a reminder to WWG that they need to send rules with their promos next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a sidenote: right now the five available items actually correspond to the five characters, as you can see on the graphics on the frames of the cards. I played both giving them to their default character, and shuffling them around (but not only with items and without characters) and both ways are fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Khan
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Let this be a reminder to WWG that they need to send rules with their promos next time!

There is a small explanation on the card at least: When playing with this Treasure card, shuffle it into your personal deck at the beginning of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

No kidding. It's almost like they're trying to make things difficult
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.