2 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Fun little team-up card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Wright
msg tools
mb
Here's a fun little team-up card that we put together, using a character from my novels:

Durant is tweaked Chairman art from Adam Rebottaro, and I'm trying to find who did the werewolf (I think that it's Henrique Schelp Vaz, but I'm still trying to track that down for sure).

Anyway, we liked the idea of a card that gave you two rounds to set up something really nasty to do to the bad guys, and Durant seemed like just the character to help with that. We designed two versions -- one designed to fit with the classic, official decks, and one that fits with the Cauldron decks (so that we could shuffle one of these into Fanatic's deck and the other into Titan's deck).

Enjoy, or not -- but we thought at least someone might get a tickle out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Cool idea, and I like the art a lot!

The mechanic of having two turns to set up your super turn, but I worry it might be fizzled a bit easily? Say I play this, Baron blade's turn comes around and boom, Hasten Doom, this card dies and my turn is double for this (i.e the villain) turn. Same goes for environment damage, and lowest damage stuff would knock it out easily too - it seems I basically have to go two turns without any AoE or lowest HP damage, which might not be that common. If I did manage to keep it out for a turn, it would seem like the safest option is to destroy it myself so I don't run the risk of it getting blown up on the enemy turn - imagine say Haka using Rampage followed by Taiaha.

Assuming you don't want that, you could make it so it is immune to damage from all other sources - although that would still mean Obsidian field and such would mess with the timing. Alternately, you could just use tokens like Setback, although it's a bit clunky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.