Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lai Edcy
Taiwan
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If I use one of us after that hero fails from uncontrolled power,
Do I need resolve one of us first?
If no, will hero's new position cause overrange to that first attack(even melee attack)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a very good question.

Personally - if I'm playing the Overlord - I'll first resolve the hero attack, then trigger the effect of One of Us.

Nevertheless, I see how the text of that plot card and the application of the Golden Rule could easily lead to a legal interrupt in the hero's attack sequence.
This, however, seems to lead a very counter-intuitive situation where a range attack may now fail for not having enough Range, while a Melee attack couldn't fail because it has no Range requirement (it only has a limitation on the target selection, but at that point the target has already been selected).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem here (again) is that interrupts are not well defined in the descent rule set.

1. We know that these interrupt in another players turn can only be triggered if the triggering condition is fulfilled. This is the case here (willpower test due to Uncontrolled Power, no other triggering conditions given).

2. We know that movement of a large monster cannot be interrupted (e.g. using Nimble, Caltrops, or Guard) if there is no space for the monster to expand. Not relevant here.

3. In the case of timing conflicts, the active player decides the order in which the abilities are resolved. This might lead to the situation that Painkeeper described.

Recently FFG representatives stated that they will decide on rule questions on interrupts on a case-to-case basis. There is no general guideline how to deal with it (yet). To clarify it, you need to ask FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Nevertheless, I see how the text of that plot card and the application of the Golden Rule could easily lead to a legal interrupt in the hero's attack sequence.
This, however, seems to lead a very counter-intuitive situation where a range attack may now fail for not having enough Range, while a Melee attack couldn't fail because it has no Range requirement (it only has a limitation on the target selection, but at that point the target has already been selected).

Exactly this

Sadgit wrote:
Recently FFG representatives stated that they will decide on rule questions on interrupts on a case-to-case basis. There is no general guideline how to deal with it (yet). To clarify it, you need to ask FFG.

and that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.