Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I played this game yesterday and I have a question about the third night. The maniac has to catch the chosen one and can only swim one time through the lake.

According to the rules it's possible to move the chosen one to the lake, and use the boat to the other side. In the next turn I just use the boat back to the other side as my only move. I can do this over and over again. This way it's not possible for the maniac to catch the chosen one if the maniac already used his swim action in this chapter. This seems like a really lame strategy?

Is this possible? What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You can go back and forth with the boat, but if the maniac crosses the lake with you while on the other side... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But he can only do this one time? So if the maniac starts at one point of the lake and sees, "oh crap, the chosen one move in another dircetion than expected", he can't swim through the lake, otherwise he risks losing the chapter to this strategy some turns later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
If the chosen one is going back and forth can't the maniac just wait on one side for them to come back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Let's say the chosen one is at the pier on the left side (with the boat marker). Next turn he just uses the boat to the circle left of 109. Next turn he just uses the boat back to the circle right of 123. The maniac can stand at 123 oder 109 but there is no way for him to reach the chose one.
He can only swim one time per chapter to move from 109 to 123 ot the other way round.

By using his siwm action early there is no way he can win this chapter any long if the chosen one is able to reach the boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I see. There is no route where the maniac can cross (over the camper). Yeah that seems lame. Could house rule that the maniac can kill in this situation. Or reverse the position of the number circle and the dot...

At least the campers don't know when the maniac has used the swim ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Campers do not know when the maniac used the lake. The maniac you can put on a pier and wait the camper moves and take it to the next round. This technique "take the boat and go around" can be done only if the campers are confident that the maniac has crossed the lake. But if the maniac has crossed the lake in the direction of the predestined, I think it's difficult for the predestined past the manic and go and get the boat... Really hard.

Escuse for my terrible english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nico, I think you found a bug robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dorton
United States
Norton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah being able to stand on the pier (if the maniac has swam) is broken. Easy fix for that is to say the boat itself has a number and it is considered to be adjacent to the pier number that the boat is parked next to.. and the maniac can stand on it.. but he cannot "ride the boat" Thus he could move through the pier onto the boat to make the kill.. but still.. they could hop around as long as they don't go to the pier that he is at

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cairns
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
I'll need to look over the rules again though I don't think this type of circling the lake is allowed without getting on and off and the docks since the boat itself isn't a numbered spot it's simply a movement token, also campers mustn't begin and end on the same spot.

It's a good strategy if it is possible, the manic can still kill all the other campers though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.