Popular Tags: [View All]
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In preparation for the Third and Fourth Chronicles which should be arriving in my mailbox later this week, I am working on creating some deck slip cases (deck wraps really, so they will work with sleeved or unsleeved cards) to keep all eight Lost Legacy decks organized and in one box.

The front of each sleeve will have the deck name and its identifying image. The back flap will have text about each deck. I am including each deck's small paragraph blurb from Alderac's Lost Legacy webpage, along with a few sentences describing the deck's main theme (useful when deciding on which deck(s) to play when you are about to start a game).

I got a great start by reading the "What's Eric Playing" blog by
Eric
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's his blog on the Fourth Chronicle, for reference (see his blog for links to blog coverage of the earlier decks as well).

So what I need, in the comments below, is a short couple sentences describing each of the eight decks currently available. What is the overall theme of the deck (hand manipulation, player elimination, turn modification, etc). What are its strengths? How is it unique? Two or three sentences. Short and to the point. I will finish up the file and post it to the Geek for anyone who might be interested.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Starship: A little of everything.
The Flying Gardens: Random luck.
The Vorpal Sword: Player Elimination.
Staff of Dragons: Player Elimination.
Orb of Seduction: Investigating.
Eternal Grail: Bluffing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is what I have so far:

First Chronicle:
The Starship – This deck does a little of everything. Its primary focus is on what’s in your hand or in your opponents’ hands, with a slight focus on cards in the Ruins (primarily via the 6 and 7).

Flying Garden – While The Starship focuses on your hand, Flying Garden focuses on what’s in your discards.

Second Chronicle:
Vorpal Sword – Vorpal Sword is about offense. Exchanging cards, playing extra cards, eliminating players, and winning early is what this deck is all about.

Whitegold Spire – The Whitegold Spire takes the traditional “eliminating players” paradigm that we’ve grown so fond of and completely turns it on its head. While each card still maintains its Investigation Speed, the number is also how many points the card is worth in the endgame. The highest scorer wins.

Third Chronicle:
Sacred Grail – The Sacred Grail is about intrigue and hiding in the shadows. You may be playing cards face-down to your discard pile depending on the card you played previous to it. This adds a slight twist to the Investigation Phase as there will be more places for the Sacred Grail to hide.

Staff of Dragons – The mathematical dragon deck. Staff of Dragons focuses on modifying your investigation speed and eliminating players when the math dragons (3 and 4) attack.

Fourth Chronicle:
The Werewolf – The Werewolf deck focuses on player elimination and turn modification with some interesting new card powers (2, 4, 6, and 8).

Undying Heart – The Undying Heart deck is Yin to The Werewolf's Yang. Vampires vs. Werewolves. This deck is something of a “Greatest Hits” deck, with variations on cards from previous sets. It features deck and hand manipulation with a bit of player elimination thrown in.

Svengaard wrote:
Orb of Seduction: Investigating.

Thank you. Your answers are helpful. Which deck is Orb of Seduction? Does it have an AEG equivalent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the equivalent is Orb of Prophecy, which I just found out was released at AEG's game night during Gencon 2015 and doesn't appear to be planned for retail. Which makes me mad because I was at the convention and didn't know about it and it's easily my favourite Lost Legacy set, because many of the cards power up based on how many Leads (or X cards) are in play and there are a lot of ways to eliminate other players (or yourself if you aren't careful. . .).

Sorry, I didn't realize how AEG mucked it up until after you started to ask about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.