Human Interface: Nakamura Tower» Forums » General

Subject: Co-op and solo play info? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know this game is meant to have solo/co-op scenarios but I can't seem to find any info. What's the deal with it? Is there co-op and solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shogekiha wrote:
I know this game is meant to have solo/co-op scenarios but I can't seem to find any info. What's the deal with it? Is there co-op and solo?

Yes in the Mission books , depending on the scenario there is Co-Op or Solo against the AI.

Yo can solo competitive but you have to randomise the Card play , I am sure an AI could be devised for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But that's so little info. Is it just some lazy tacked on thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
shogekiha wrote:
But that's so little info. Is it just some lazy tacked on thing?

I don't know about lazy but frankly the AI is very basic, and in fact is used in most scenarios as a 3rd faction. Meaning, the solo/coop modes are just scenarios that either remove one of the human factions or creates objectives where the two human factions do not compete against each other.

It is imo neither a solo or coop game, but a game where solo and coop fit quite naturally, in a simple form. The AI does have a deck of cards that attacks you with random draw, which is why playing solo vs AI is a thing.

Solo vs another human faction (i.e. playing both sides) would be a bit tricky due to some hidden information, but not impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
What does the solo AI deck look like? I've looked through all my Kickstarter stuff and don't remember seeing it. A solo AI deck would make this much more likely to get played again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no solo AI deck, but a program/virus deck for the AI (consoles). This deck affects all players attempting to hack a console, and thus if you play a solo game, this deck, plus the basic rules for the drones (seek and attack), is what you're playing against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Washburn
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Yeah, the literal deck is for hacking attacks against the AI Terminals. Solo play means you use an alarm token system for guiding the intention of the drones, which is explained in the rulebook. The first two scenarios are short scenarios that can be very easily played solo, using the Alarm-driven-AI rules for the drones, but the large majority of the scenarios are for two or three players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.