Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone made any scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
wasn't monolith making a site to share scenarios?
Also what happened to the 50 scenarios created by the gaming clubs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hish wrote:
wasn't monolith making a site to share scenarios?
Also what happened to the 50 scenarios created by the gaming clubs?

The scenarios that have been prepared by Monolith and gaming clubs should be available beginning of 2017.

There also a couple of "housemade" scenarios available already for testing on some French websites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info Mathieu Are the new scenarios coming out only for king/barbarian pledge users?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith's website hosts all the scenarios. They said they plan on having the rest of the scenarios (including fan made ones) available on that site to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just in case people missed it here's a link to the "TileSystem" scenario creation kit. It's really easy to use. You can put together maps and Skelos rivers to play with. I've made a few things, but nothing special. Mainly just skirmish battles that employ all the extra add-ons I got.

https://www.trictrac.net/boardgame/resource/click/6cfa516f3e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hish wrote:
Thanks for the info Mathieu Are the new scenarios coming out only for king/barbarian pledge users?

I think the only scenarios that will be available ONLY for King pledgers are those included in the king pledge version of the overlord rulebook.

All other scenarios should be made available in PDF freely on the website.
On the other hand, it is likely that most of these scenarios will exploit SG/add-ons/KS exclusives elements, so people that get the game in retail or did not pledge for everything in the campaign will have to rely on proxies/alternate figurines/tiles to be able to play these scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
Thank you for the replies everyone! I'm glad many scenarios are coming.
J P that scenario creator tool looks interesting!
Hope to try it out when my $220 cry ebay copy arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a scenario that I'm pretty fond of and have tested and adjusted for balance a bit. I don't see a lot of people posting their scenarios here though. I imagine the Variants section would be the best place for them though. I may post one there for feedback soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
I've started on a scenario. Posted here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ConanBoardgame/

Three random chests contain vital components for healing sceptre. Conan and team have been hired to bring those back. If only 1 makes it back with the loot they win.... They have 12 rounds to complete the task or it will be too dark and they will be overcome by hordes of undead rising by the moonlight.
(This means that the players get 13 turns (turn 0 is for free)and the Overlord gets 12 turns)

The Overlord starts the game with 5 gems in the reserve area and 9 gems in the fatigue area.

Skuthus Spells: Teleportation; Set's Bite; Withering; Pestilential Swarm; Yajur's Awakening

Reinforcements: Roll 2 Red Dice
Blank & Blank - 4 Skeletons
Blank & One - 2 Skeletons
Blank & Two - 2 Skeletons
Blank $ Three - 2 Mummies
One & One - 4 Skeletons
One & Two - 2 Skeletons
One & Three - 2 Mummies
Two & Two - 4 Skeletons
Two & Three - 2 Mummies
Three and Three - Swamp Demon (once only, and if at least one tile has been removed to make room on the river), otherwise: 4 Mummies

Skeletons and Mummies can only be reinforced if there is room on their tiles (4 maximum per tile) otherwise the re-reinforcements are lost.

If you roll double three and have a "dead" tile in the river you can pay the 2 gems to remove the tile to make room for the demon tile at any time and immediately place the Demon tile.

From the 8th turn onwards, when activating the reinforcement tile, the Overloard can immediately swap any Tentacle tile for the Demon tile and remove the tentacles from the board belong to that tile. This can only be done if the Demon has not yet turned up and comes at a cost of 3 gems permanently removed from the Book of Skelos. Place the Demon in any square where one those coloured Tentacles had started.

Terrain:
The boardwalk and four boulders in the "village square" are normal terrain. Any area off the normal terrain is difficult terrain and costs 1 extra movement point to exit.
You need climbing skill to climb from the swamp on to the boardwalk/boulders (cost = 4 movement points, 2 to climb, 2 to exit the swamp area)
If you can't climb you need to use the stairs or the sloping flooded boardwalk or a friend can pull you up at a the cost of 4 manipulation gems from adjacent "normal" areas - even if you are being "blocked". You can walk under the boardwalk, except the boulders and sloping flooded boardwalk (areas on boardwalks are mirrored under boardwalk).
You need Leaping skill to jump down from the boardwalk/boulders in to the swap at a difficulty of 1. If you don't have leaping skill and you jump down you cake 2 x Yellow Dice damage (cannot be dodged/ parried/ shielded against - just base armour).
Thog and the Demon can climb on to the boardwalk/boulders anywhere or jump down or go under without damage, and are not hindered by difficult terrain.

Team of 3
Start with 4 gems in fatigue zone (it's been a hard slog through the jungle)
Starting Equipment (in total)
Companion tile x 1
3 x Life Potions
Shield or Tribal Shield
Buckler
Chain Mail
Leather Armour
Mitra's Staff
Cross Bow
Throwing Daggers or 2 x Javelin
Knife or Ornamental Spear
Battle Axe
Parrying Dagger
Let's face it, sorcerers don't work well together, they don't trust each other. So only one caster is allowed in the team
Spells: Energy Drain; Bel's Caress; Bori's Rage; Putrescence; Mitra's Halo; Kiss of Death

Team of 4
Start with 7 gems in fatigue zone (it's been a hard slog through the jungle and the war-band of Picts were a nuisance)
Starting Equipment (in total)
3 x Life Potions
Shield or Tribal Shield
Buckler
Chain Mail
Leather Armour
Mitra's Staff
Cross Bow
Bossonian Bow
Throwing Daggers or 2 x Javelin
Short Sword or Ornamental Spear
Battle Axe
Parrying Dagger
Knife
Let's face it, sorcerers don't work well together, they don't trust each other. So only one caster is allowed in the team
Spells: Energy Drain; Bori's Rage; Mitra's Halo; Kiss of Death

Each chest has a number token with it, randomly allocated,numbered 1-6. Three of the chests (even numbers) have a piece of the Sceptre of Mitra to be returned to the temple where it is used in healing ceremonies. Those 3 septre pieces also act like one Life Potion each that can be "consumed" only once, when required. They have a total encumbrance of 5, as indicated.

When one person carries all three pieces together they offer the same affect as an additional Life Potion at double strength (move 4 gems from Wounds to Reserve). Can be consumed only once per day at any time, as long as all three pieces are together.

The other 3 chests (odd numbers) contain the following:
Chest 1: Explosive Orb
Chest 3: Sacrificial dagger
Chest 5: Scale Mail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Updated the scenario above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
This looks super cool Lone Pathfinder! I'm definitely trying it when I get my copy. You should post it in the variants section as a bunch of people are posting them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.