Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Denaxas
Greece
Ermoupoli
Cyclades
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I' ve played two games so far,turn by turn only and we all loved it. There were only some doubts about mine triggering. Can mines be triggered only in your turn after your move (this means it counts as a turn) or can you trigger them whenever you like even in your opponent's turn(this means it doesn't count as a turn)? We played it the first way as a turn but I'd like to know if there is a official rule about it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Triggering mines in turn by turn games
The first way. In turn-based, triggering mines counts as your action for the turn.

Basically, the turn-based action is anything that would cause you to yell "Stop!" in the realtime mode, except for surfacing which I believe is your entire three turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Cassidy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kayvon wrote:
your action for the turn.

Huh? I'm not seeing anything in the rules about a "your action for the turn". It simply says:

"When all spaces on a gauge are marked, the First Mate announces it to the Captain.
The Captain can then activate that system at any time." (emphasis mine).

This is at the top of page 6 and applies to both real-time and turn-by-turn modes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rulebook is unfortunately unclear on that. It comes from this thread. If you haven't read it already, I recommend looking at the combined rule errata/FAQ thread that compiles many such clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Denaxas
Greece
Ermoupoli
Cyclades
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw the thread but the designer is only saying about all systerms in general, that you must move before (or in addition to)activating a system and he doesn't clarify if triggering a mine is a system itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Personally since the designer has totally fucked up the English rulebook, I play it as written. That means mines can be triggered anytime as far as I'm concerned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.