Subject: Sigraed's Holy Symbol question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
The Symbol lets you "place a [...] card into your hand" without specifying "from your discard pile".

Now, one could assume a ground rule that burial pile cannot be accessed unless explicitly stated. But. I can't find such a ground rule, and other similar effects on new cards still do specify "from discard", so we cannot even infer it.

So, can Sigraed use this to pull cards from burial?

(Would certainly explain the unusually high focus cost of the effect)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hazard
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I would be able to quickly peruse the rules and find an answer for your, but you're right - it doesn't seem to specify this anywhere.

Now, at first I thought that Sigraed's Holy Symbol was supposed to be the same as Arani's Holy Symbol from the base game, which specifically states that the card you put into your hand comes from your discard pile. However, Arani's only has a focus cost of one as opposed to Sigraed's having a cost of three.

So I think you may be right. I think it means you can take the card from anywhere in your hero area.

That said, they should have been more specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone ever find an official ruling on this?

What about using it to get a card from your draw deck?

Very frustrating that this game has been out this log without its own FAQ or errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quik_Fix wrote:

Indeed, this should have been more specific. In Mistfall/Heart of the Mists there are no cards that allow you to take other cards out of decks or from Hero Areas. In this case, just like with other versions of the Holy Symbol, the card can be taken from the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:
Quik_Fix wrote:

Indeed, this should have been more specific. In Mistfall/Heart of the Mists there are no cards that allow you to take other cards out of decks or from Hero Areas. In this case, just like with other versions of the Holy Symbol, the card can be taken from the discard pile.

So this Holy Symbol is just a really bad Holy Symbol because it has a Focus cost of 3, which is a huge cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
More of a context thing. It can't recur many cards in Sigraed's deck, but some of the ones it can are rather high-impact (like her advanced feat heal when she has over 9000 burn tokens on her, which is usually how she rolls)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.