Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the BGG listing, this plays up to 6 players.

However, the rulebook lists setup only to 5 players, and there are only 5 reference "cards". The box also says 2-5 players.

Did Eagle change the maximum but not update the game page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game supports up to 5 players. The Empires: Galactic Rebellion – Oligarchs Expansion includes the 6th player pieces and all of the player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
The base game supports up to 5 players. The Empires: Galactic Rebellion – Oligarchs Expansion includes the 6th player pieces and all of the player boards.

But there's no rules anywhere in the box on how to set it up for 6 players. At least not that I saw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming linear scaling, there would be a line missing in step #3 of the Setup section:

"6 Players = 8 Hub Planets"

Thus, all hub planets would be open at the start of a 6-player game.

However, it's possible the intent was to use the same setup for 6 players as for 5 players. This would ensure one Imperial Fleet starts on the board. Otherwise, the two Imperial Action cards that move an Imperial Fleet wouldn't work until a card is played that places a new Imperial Fleet.

The Player Order and Initiative boxes are already scaled to 6 players, and the rules cover how to scale the Planetary Influence box.

In step #11 I would have the 6th player place 3 starting Rebels, just like the 4th and 5th players.

Try this out and let us know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Assuming linear scaling, there would be a line missing in step #3 of the Setup section:

"6 Players = 8 Hub Planets"

I would definitely suggest that don't use this and instead you use your second suggestion of

"6 Players = 7 Hub Planets"

so that as you say at least one Imperial Fleet starts on the board.

I also used the same idea of giving the 6th player the same number of starting rebels as the 5th player rather than incrementing it.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter update #6 says all 8 hub planets are available with the full 6 players. I think that's as official of an answer as we're going to get.

Having no imperial fleets on the board at the start of the game only nerfs two Imperial Action cards. And fleets can be added during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.