$20.00
$60.00
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
On the kick stater page someone posted the fluff piece for the GSK.

There was once a fertile land of golden grass and prideful lions. Uncounted centuries ago, a parasite took root and over time a corrupted city grew to engulf the plains. The Golden Knight, a mysterious guardian of these lands, waged a losing war against the corruption. As futile years passed, the knight’s appearance grew twisted and haggard as the land itself. It’s glorious mane fell out, replaced by angry wailing smoke billowing in its place and the Gold Smoke Knight was born.

This got me thinking about why he would be the final boss

Spoiler (click to reveal)
What if survivors were part of the corruption spreading across the land?

The lands were once fertile, so i am assuming there was more light. then the scribe arrived and starting writing survivors into existence. these survivors killed the creatures of the land spreading the scribes darkness (not sure why it is a parasite, maybe the lion god parasite is linked to this).

To combat the spread of survivors the watchers were created, destroying survivors and their knowledge, stopping the spread of darkness. However the darkness never receded, so the watchers were left to keep the survivors in check. As the scribe writes them into existence, the watchers and remaining creatures kill them.

Having killed a watcher, the players settlement is becoming too powerful so the last line of defense is sent in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a interesting theory, now that you mention golden...

The Manhunter is said to come from a golden city, maybe he is another one entity in charge of controlling the spread of survivors ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
isn't the parasite the Brain Worm of the Lion God (Will Ferrel) and the city that grew to engulf the plains the Silver City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hmmm I don't know. I don't really know where the Watcher(s !!) fit in the fluff. Are they crreated by the Scribe like humans ? Are they spawned/raised by grandmothers/wetnurses ? Were they created by the Golden Entity ? Are they a separate species ?

I've found it strange that they were actually below each Lantern Hoard, and that it implies that there exist lots of them (presumably) ; or maybe there are several universes/timelines in the KD universe, one for each human settlement.

The story of the GSK seems to refer to a parasite, and it seems related to the Lion God story also (who is take by a parasite). So it seems something else than human being the actual parasites ?
Then it's possible to encounter the GSK via a certain hunt event. And somehow he can help you (not always though).
I hope Poots has found a good story to tell why the GSK would appear after a camp loses its Watcher.

Again, what's strange about the Watcher is actually its role as a deterrent for strong monsters to invade the camp (see Game Over story event). It actually acts as a guard for the settlement. Unbeknown to the survivors who actually try to kill it, dooming their settlement in the process.

I'm curious where the GSK fits from here. And what the process behind oxydizing weapons (and why it makes them better ??)

I can't wait to know anyway !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if you lose to the watcher it is still game over.

on the same page, I'm wondering if you can still fight it in LY20 if you want... in that case, you have 9 years to prepare for the GSK, and the watcher is substantially easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
t3clis wrote:
isn't the parasite the Brain Worm of the Lion God (Will Ferrel) and the city that grew to engulf the plains the Silver City?

I will never unsee the Lion God running around the silver city like buddy the elf laughing maniacally, using revolving doors till he pukes and asking survivor parties their favorite color before slaughtering them mercilessly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.