Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aid Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Robbins
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
So is it possible, if there are no monsters on the board, to just move every hero back and forth between two squares and allow the cleric's Aid ability to just heal them one hit point every turn (as a reminder, the Aid ability allows the cleric to forgo his attack to allow a hero to regain a HP)? There's nothing I've found in the rulebook that says you HAVE to uncover a tile in the Exploration phase. Same goes for the Crystal Ball. Can you just decline uncovering another tile turn after turn to just look at the top card of every deck and the dungeon tile stack? This seems kind of exploitative and potentially game breaking to me. Anybody have some clarification concerning this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think you'll lose more then the gain. from revealing the top card each time , if you dont uncover a tile you still get a dungeon card.

i think in your on an edge you must uncover a tile, future games might have tidyied up the wording, i r ember in some games i tried to not be on an edge for that rule..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that if you don't explore* you must draw an Encounter card. Those cards are almost always nasty and they really could wear down the party's resources in no time.
Encounters put time pressure on you: stopping to catch breath may work for a round or 2, but you cannot afford to recover all your HP by wasting time.

* and often, when you explore too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mb
^^^ ... especially in Ravenloft. The Encounter cards are brutal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary A
United States
Lakeville/Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As noted, you'd double up encounters.

At least when you take a chance and draw/explore, you are furthering your effort to the goal and have the chance to draw a white triangle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.