Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a recent euro game that I dislike and I stumbled upon a user who had the same issues with the game that I did. But I found his comments to be hilarious. I totally get what he is saying, but I imagined what the comments would sound like if referring to anything other than a boardgame.

Here are the comments:

Quote:
Reading the rules you really get the impression that money will be tight and torture a real threat. But after two or three turns you have more money than you could ever possibly need. Torture is not a real threat. So sad!

What?!?! You mean... I am going to have all the money I want? And I am not going to be tortured? That sucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Krainbring
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My neighbour got kids this year. Looks like my wife and I have to wait until next year.

Damn, our neighbours already harvested their wheat field. Our crops will have to rot on the field this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
There is a recent euro game that I dislike
Really?

pfctsqr wrote:
An enjoyable twist on deck building and better than most other deck builder I have played. It is an unabashed euro spreadsheet game. That is not always a criticism as there are spreadsheet games I enjoy, including this one. Orleans, however, is on the bloated side. Some of the different areas of the board/game seem a bit tacked on and a little forced. For instance: "I just collected a piece of cheese. What do I do with it? Nothing. It's just two points at the end." And money is also almost pointless as you rarely use it except for points at the end. I also think the events should have been left out of the game completely. They add nothing to the game. But in spite of that, there are several good decision points and I am willing to playing it again. However, it is not a game I feel compelled to buy.
It doesn't seem like you disliked it that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was after one play and the praise, you must admit, was faint. I have not played it since and my desire to do so has dwindled to near zero.

And the thread was completely meant to spread a few chuckles or laughs in good spirits. Thanks for turning it into a discussion of pedantics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
which one is it then, gosh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Vestal
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have wood for sheep?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
Thanks for turning it into a discussion of pedantics.
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you invert the bolding that turns into a scathing rant

I'm trying to think of a good one but I am usually so immersed in the game that none of those would sound strange enough to me to remember it as such.

There's always "I think Jenny is a werewolf/murderer/traitor/hitler" "That's true she is suspicious. I think you might be right."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Thwaites
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
My group was playing a game one day, and part way through we paused, looked at each other and said "I hope nobody is listening, or this would sound really bad.

Think we've all had something like that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about:

"I have ten cities I have connected to my power network, but I only have enough capacity to give power to nine of them and only have enough fuel to give power to eight of them. I hope to have enough money next time to be able to power them all."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
Thanks for turning it into a discussion of pedantics.

Shouldn't that be "pedanticism" or "pedantry"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to catch the train from Helsinki to Oulu, but someone has already covered the direct route in train cars, so now I need to go another way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
There is a recent euro game that I dislike and I stumbled upon a user who had the same issues with the game that I did. But I found his comments to be hilarious. I totally get what he is saying, but I imagined what the comments would sound like if referring to anything other than a boardgame.

Here are the comments:
Quote:
Reading the rules you really get the impression that money will be tight and torture a real threat. But after two or three turns you have more money than you could ever possibly need. Torture is not a real threat. So sad!

What?!?! You mean... I am going to have all the money I want? And I am not going to be tortured? That sucks!

Game review or Inauguration Address?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
And the thread was completely meant to spread a few chuckles or laughs in good spirits. Thanks for turning it into a discussion of pedantics.

You got Thunk'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.